The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Junex Sabrina 23 Carpet Sweeper

Regarding the balance pipe (AKA crossfire tube) is the Rolls-Royce part number known? I'm actually developing something for RR right now (phone conference tomorrow at 12:30 Eastern), and if I had a part number, there is a snowball's chance I could get a print, or a line on old stock parts perhaps (very long shot there- probably scrapped due to age but you never know)

If these engines were used by USAF, there would be a NSN. That number would also help track them down.

In case anyone would like me to look into it. I know they are hard to find, and the print would not only have the dimensions, but also base material, heat treatment parameters etc. to make a correct part, rather than just a correct looking part. Maybe this has already been investigated, but if not...

You might get more eye-balls reading your request if you post in the vintage Obi thread.

Regarding the balance pipe (AKA crossfire tube) is the Rolls-Royce part number known? I'm actually developing something for RR right now (phone conference tomorrow at 12:30 Eastern), and if I had a part number, there is a snowball's chance I could get a print, or a line on old stock parts perhaps (very long shot there- probably scrapped due to age but you never know)

If these engines were used by USAF, there would be a NSN. That number would also help track them down.

In case anyone would like me to look into it. I know they are hard to find, and the print would not only have the dimensions, but also base material, heat treatment parameters etc. to make a correct part, rather than just a correct looking part. Maybe this has already been investigated, but if not...
I do think your high jacking, but I'm going to ask Ian's forgiveness for my response to your post. Any further discussion should obviously moved to another thread. I don't think this is a good idea at all if I'm understanding you correctly. There is a fine line in reproductions and copying in my opinion and making a modern balance pipe that would interfear with the value and authenticity of a real used part bothers me. I strongly disagree with this and in all do respect I hope any attempts fail.

Ian I'm super excited to see the glamor shots of your Obi when it's all finished up. Being the master of grenades in these parts I'm excited to see which grenade you used.

Last edited:

I work for Rolls-Royce, In Bristol (UK) - you will not have any luck with this endeavor and most likely people might find it a tad odd or have no idea. Relatively modern things are hard enough to find, let alone very old parts.

I'm also involved in the heritage trust (your best bet - but they will probably ignore your requests) and was working for a time on the HOOS Facility Clear out - where we keep our old stock, used material and spare parts. There was nothing in there of any note or interest.

Any drawings of this age are usually held as paper copies in the archives - which are difficult to access.

Ninja - Lovely specimen there! Love this thread and catching up on all the real parts. Looking forward to seeing more videos and photos of the assembly of this one :)

Last edited:
Seems you are in the best position for this.

As far as I’m aware, USAF never used this engine, only P&W and GE during this era, so there won’t be any NSNs I could cross. The NSN is great because sometimes a warehouse is cleared as a lot and only the NSN identifies what’s in the box.

4x Star Wars Chronicles Episode IV V VI Vehicles Books NEW SEALED

VERY VERY COOL....

I previously posted that I had been hunting a copy of Star Wars Chronicles Episode IV V VI Vehicles Book for the past year for Dustin newmagrathea since picking up that copy that went to Dustin I have picked up another 4x NEW SEALED copies of the Star Wars Chronicles Episode IV V VI Vehicles Book, I will be keeping one book for myself given how rare this book has become and the amazing reference photos.

1040.jpg

1041.jpg

1037.jpg1038.jpg1039.jpg1040.jpg1041.jpg1042.jpg1043.jpg

Book Description:

This is a Japanese-language book or magazine about science-fiction subjects related to anime and/or modeling.

This beautiful collector's book contains tonnes of information on the vehicles of the Star Wars universe, as shown in Episode IV, V, and VI. It includes hundreds of rare photos, many only rediscovered in recent years, in-depth comments (in Japanese), and is presented entirely in color. It's an impressive and comprehensive volume, and comes with a hard cover to protect it.

The vehicles covered in the book include:

[EPISODE IV - A NEW HOPE]

Rebel Blockade Runner/Imperial Star Destroyer/Escape Pod/Sandcrawler/Luke's Landspeeder/Luke's Skyhopper/Lars' Landspeeder/Back-ground Landspeeder/Millennium Falcon/Death Star/TIE Fighter/TIE Advanced x1/Yavin4 Secret Rebel Base/X-wing Starfighter/Y-wing Starfighter

[EPISODE V - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK]

Imperial Star Destroyer/Probot Hyperspace Pod/Hoth Echo Base/Rebel Snowspeeder/Cannon Sled/Rebel Transport/All Terrain Armored Transport (AT-AT)/All Terrain Scout Transport (AT-ST)/Executor/Millennium Falcon/TIE Bomber/Slave I/Twin-Pod Cloud Car/Rebel Cruiser/Back-ground Spaceships

[EPISODE VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI]

Death Star II/Imperial Shuttle/KHETANNA/Desert Skiff/X-wing Starfighter/Y-wing Starfighter/Millennium Falcon/HOME ONE/Mon Calamari MC80 Star Cruiser/Corellian Corvette/All Terrain Scout Transport (AT-ST)/74-Z Speeder Bike/All Terrain Armored Transport (AT-AT)/A-wing Starfighter/B-wing Starfighter/TIE Interceptor/Dornean gunship, and more.

A must-have for any Star Wars vehicle modeller, collector, or superfan, this book is something special!

All text in Japanese, 320 pages.

Book Reference Photos:

1010.jpg 1011.jpg 1012.jpg 1013.jpg 1014.jpg 1015.jpg 1016.jpg 1017.jpg 1018.jpg 1019.jpg 1020.jpg

Last edited:
Hunting Box from the UK

I received a hunting box from my good buddy Colin db94 in the UK, once again big shout-out to Colin for all his help, the box has some awesome items;

1044.jpg

Highlights:

Vintage minty HUNTER 4x20 Scope

1045.jpg

1045.jpg

Vintage minty MILBRO 4X20 Scope

1046.jpg

1046.jpg

Vintage Griffin & George Retort Clamp used for R2D2 ANH

1048.jpg

1047.jpg 1048.jpg 1049.jpg

Vintage EVER READY Pen Torch considered used for Yoda Lamp ESB

1050.jpg

1050.jpg

Vintage EVER READY Mini Light (EVER READY) Button Torch used for Fett ESB

1053.jpg

1051.jpg 1052.jpg 1053.jpg

Also

Alloy Falcon Lamp Bases & Acrylic Inserts ESB from Klaus Frasstuberl on FB.

Paterson Trident Zoom Lens Viewer

"The Child" from Sideshow with Neck & Arm MODS

I received my "The Child" from Sideshow with Neck & Arm MODS done by my buddy Chris teecrooz who had a little workshop going on when he was doing the MODS for both David Edraven99 and myself, I have Grogu displayed in the Army Hot Box & brown Baby Blanket I picked up a while back, I think the display looks sweet especially with the MODS allowing for the the head to tilt back & the posable arms.

1054.jpg

MOD WIP Photos care of Chris teecrooz

1055.jpg1056.jpg1057.jpg1058.jpg1059.jpg1060.jpg1061.jpg1062.jpg1063.jpg

The Three Amigos

1064.jpg

1064.jpg1065.jpg

3x NOS Vintage Ever Ready Pen Torches for the ESB Yoda Lamp

Awesome score.... I picked up with the help of my good buddy Markus OdiWan72 these 3x NOS Vintage Ever Ready Pen Torches still in the Retail Packages, the Lens is believed to have been used for the ESB Yoda Lamp and whilst I have found a few of these torches picking up 3x NOS in the Retail Packages is very very cool, one is going to Markus and the other to my buddy Colin db94 in the UK.

1066.jpg

1066.jpg

I remember my dad giving me one of those torches (white switch variant) when I was a kid (in the 80s)! No idea what happened to it, probably binned when it broke....

Hunting Box from the UK

I received a hunting box from my good buddy Colin db94 in the UK, once again big shout-out to Colin for all his help, the box has some awesome items;

View attachment 1441081

Highlights:

Vintage minty HUNTER 4x20 Scope

View attachment 1441082

View attachment 1441082

Vintage minty MILBRO 4X20 Scope

View attachment 1441083

View attachment 1441083

Vintage Griffin & George Retort Clamp used for R2D2 ANH

View attachment 1441085

View attachment 1441084 View attachment 1441085 View attachment 1441086

Vintage EVER READY Pen Torch considered used for Yoda Lamp ESB

View attachment 1441087

View attachment 1441087

Vintage EVER READY Mini Light (EVER READY) Button Torch used for Fett ESB

View attachment 1441090

View attachment 1441088 View attachment 1441089 View attachment 1441090

Also

Alloy Falcon Lamp Bases & Acrylic Inserts ESB from Klaus Frasstuberl on FB.

Paterson Trident Zoom Lens Viewer
The retort clamp was also used on the interrogation droid

Vintage Hostess 1566 Cup (ANH Blue Milk Pourer Cup)

I have been looking for one of these ANH Blue Milk Pourer Cups for ages without luck, I just received this vintage Hostess 1566 Cup from a great Kiwi across the ditch Phil Blaxmyth who was able to help me out and did an amazing job with a custom packaging solution that even AustPost could not destroy, thanks buddy the cup is awesome :D

1067.jpg

1067.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back