The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Torsten Hallman GP Chest Protector

Vibro Axe ROTJ

I think like many here, I have been collecting parts for the Vibro Axe seen in ROTJ, I got another step closer this week when I received my Vibro Axe parts from Ryan Clinton recent run, Ryan smashed it with his attention to detail the alloy blade looks amazing and will be replacing the plastic knife I had as a place holder, I also have to give a big thanks to Ryan for all his help & advice, thanks buddy your a true gentlemen.

1025.jpg

1025.jpg

If you missed Ryan's run thread which is full of WIP photos & info you should check it out;

The Parts collected, I also have the accurate tap fitting for the Tip which will be coming in my next hunting box.

1026.jpg

1026.jpg

Vibro Axe ROTJ

I think like many here, I have been collecting parts for the Vibro Axe seen in ROTJ, I got another step closer this week when I received my Vibro Axe parts from Ryan Clinton recent run, Ryan smashed it with his attention to detail the alloy blade looks amazing and will be replacing the plastic knife I had as a place holder, I also have to give a big thanks to Ryan for all his help & advice, thanks buddy your a true gentlemen.

View attachment 1424011

View attachment 1424011

If you missed Ryan's run thread which is full of WIP photos & info you should check it out;

The Parts collected, I also have the accurate tap fitting for the Tip which will be coming in my next hunting box.

View attachment 1424012

View attachment 1424012
I'm excited to see your build whenever you get around to it. Feel free to post up progress on the axe thread. Again thank you very much!

Vibro Axe ROTJ

View attachment 1424011

View attachment 1424011

View attachment 1424012

View attachment 1424012
Can´t wait to receive my parts from Ryan...the VA project was on the backburner for such a looong time :)

Vintage Minolta Auto-Spot 1

I hunted this pair of Vintage Minolta Auto-Spot 1 over the past weeks, which are used to build the Yavin Scanner.

All parts for the Yavin Scanner were recently identified by 3DImpact in the following thread, which was an amazing piece of research & hunting.

Yavin 4 scanner (ANH) - all major parts positively identified

Now to hunt the Arriflex 35-IIC Motors (y)

View attachment 962325
View attachment 962325 View attachment 962326 View attachment 962327
View attachment 962328
The forman on my job was there when they shot that scene. I asked him if he had proof and he brought Polaroids the next day I made a copy of one. Its not a good copy but this was one of the photos he had.
20210212_033254.jpg

RAF Folmer Graflex New York 3-Cell Flash

Up until now I have not posted photos of my RAF Folmer Graflex New York 3-Cell Flash but with The Ultimate Luke ANH Graflex Research & Discussion Thread I thought it was time to share both in that thread & here, I would be interested to know if there are others in the community who have a RAF 3-Cell Flash in their collection.

Auction Photo:

257.jpg

257.jpg

Bunny Ears attached post-auction:

562w.jpg

559w.jpg

560w.jpg

561w.jpg

562w.jpg 559w.jpg 560w.jpg 561w.jpg

Hi Ian,

Well I have got an RAF clamp, which was meant to be going on my Obi-Wan ANH because of the nice weathering, however I'm not certain if it came with a complete 3 Cell or loose but it definately did not come with a Folmer New York with a short knurled red button :

GRAFLEX Clamp RAF**.jpg

Chaïm

P.S. This real vintage RAF clamp, not a WannaWanga stamped vintage sidebar, is NOT for sale or trade.

Last edited:
Does the Obi ANH feature a RAF clamp as well?
Hi MastahBlastah,

Not that I'm aware ... I purchased that clamp, possibly even loose, because it had such nice weathering ... on arrival I noticed that RAF stamping, which by the way was originally also upside down as seen in one of Ian's pictures. I turned it around. To make my all vintage parts Obi-Wan more unique I concidered using this RAF stamped clamp ... now I'm not so certain :unsure:

Chaïm

Hi MastahBlastah,

Not that I'm aware ... I purchased that clamp, possibly even loose, because it had such nice weathering ... on arrival I noticed that RAF stamping, which by the way was originally also upside down as seen in one of Ian's pictures. I turned it around. To make my all vintage parts Obi-Wan more unique I concidered using this RAF stamped clamp ... now I'm not so certain :unsure:

Chaïm
Wow, that's a cool find! Seems a waste not to use it for a Luke ANH Hero, no? ;)

Hi Ian,

Well I have got an RAF clamp, which was meant to be going on my Obi-Wan ANH because of the nice weathering, however I'm not certain if it came with a complete 3 Cell or loose but it definately did not come with a Folmer New York with a short knurled red button :

View attachment 1425140

Chaïm

P.S. This real vintage RAF clamp, not a WannaWanga stamped vintage sidebar, is NOT for sale or trade.

That's cool to see others in the community have vintage RAF stamped clamp, I know of few in past years have picked these up and then sold not knowing the significance to the Luke ANH Hero.

Ian thanks for sharing all those photos!

The raf looks amazing

Any idea how many where stamped?

I believe only 500 were ordered by RAF.

Thanks Danny I dont have any information on numbers ordered that I can remember (my old brain has trouble retaining all this info lol!!) Chris is much better at remembering detail :) I do have this info in relation to the camera kit components & when the RAF started to receive these kits;

Royal Air Force (Great Britain) Type 1 Ground Camera

Kits received from 1942 - 194?

R.A.F Type 1 Speed Graphic
This is the USA made British Royal Air Force version of the US AAF C-3 with Supermatic shutter, Ektar 127mm lens, later Graflex solenoid and the second model of the first type of Graflex flash. An Anniverary Speed Graphic from 1942.

Anniversary Speed Graphic. Royal Air Force (Great Britain) Type 1 Ground Camera. Standard WW2 black leather/black hardware finish. Kodak Supermatic shutter/Wollensak Velostigmat f4.7 127mm lens. Official military metal plate attached to outside of the front door.

Eviedence of these camera kits is very rare, I have seen photos of the Military Metal Plate stamped No.19 (I have in my collection) & No.352 I am sure there maybe other camera kits out there that I have not seen.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Danny I dont have any information on numbers ordered that I can remember (my old brain has trouble retaining all this info lol!!) Chris is much better at remembering detail :) I do have this info in relation to the camera kit components & when the RAF started to receive these kits;

Royal Air Force (Great Britain) Type 1 Ground Camera

Kits received from 1942 - 194?

R.A.F Type 1 Speed Graphic
This is the USA made British Royal Air Force version of the US AAF C-3 with Supermatic shutter, Ektar 127mm lens, later Graflex solenoid and the second model of the first type of Graflex flash. An Anniverary Speed Graphic from 1942.

Anniversary Speed Graphic. Royal Air Force (Great Britain) Type 1 Ground Camera. Standard WW2 black leather/black hardware finish. Kodak Supermatic shutter/Wollensak Velostigmat f4.7 127mm lens. Official military metal plate attached to outside of the front door.

Eviedence of these camera kits is very rare, I have seen photos of the Military Metal Plate stamped No.19 (I have in my collection) & No.352 I am sure there maybe other camera kits out there that I have not seen.

Hope this helps.

Wicked info! Any new Lego projects?

Luke ANH Macrobinoculars & RAF MkVIII Goggles and Luke ESB Electrobinoculars & SWAN Goggles Displays

I finally got to add my Luke ESB Electrobinoculars built by Dustin newmagrathea from a reject parts kit Markus OdiWan72 was kind enough to put together for me which I have previously posted WIP photos & videos.

I had a pair of ESB Hoth Gloves, which I used some hair curling tubes to form the fingers, I think it looks cool to see the gloves holding the Electrobinoculars with the SWAN Goggles behind on a funny foam face.

1027.jpg

1028.png

1027.jpg 1028.png

I also did the same style display for the Luke ANH Macrobinoculars & RAF MkVIII Goggles and other items;

ANH HERO Graflex - Vintage Parts
Droid Caller - Vintage Kobold
Microflame Torch - Vintage Torch
Communicator - Replica Parts
Tools - Replica

1029.jpg

1029.jpg

Graflex Display

I built LEGO Graflex family cycle displays from Anakin to Rey, I am still looking for a mint MR Luke ESB FX Lightsaber and to have my all vintage parts Wampa Cave saber built to complete the display.

1030.jpg

1030.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back