The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting and Props - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by The Ninja, Sep 4, 2018.

1. tubachris85x

tubachris85x Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The moment I finally found those * thermostats after a late Sunday night Google image search binge, and after the initial excitement went away, my failed desperate attempts to register on that site in order to actually acquire them instilled a significant amount of paranoia that I couldn't explain. I know a lot of people were after them and I felt like if I posted the source at the time then someone who may have already had access to the site would have snatched them up. It's the only time I've admittedly felt like I was "competing" for something, but really it was my own mental state of potential failure after 9 years of searching

mugatu, The Ninja and russellsch like this.
  2. nailuj

nailuj Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I couldn't agree more russellsch with both your comment and the sentiment. Mine is a light hearted post. Nothing more

The Ninja, russellsch and mugatu like this.
  3. redbutton

redbutton Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You are the master!! In AWE!!!!!

The Ninja likes this.
  4. redbutton

redbutton Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

WHAT!!! So cool - nice job finding it!

The Ninja likes this.
  5. newmagrathea

newmagrathea Sr Member

Here are The Ninja 's Hales Grenades. I'll be making a thread for the restoration and preservation of these soon.

Trooper_trent, mugatu, Seneca and 3 others like this.
  6. The Ninja

The Ninja Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Awesome unboxing video Dustin nice to see them all together and to hear your initial views on there conditions :D

mugatu likes this.
  7. fezfox

fezfox Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Congrats++++ - But how the heck did you find FOUR?

The Ninja likes this.
  8. The Ninja

I found a very helpful Dealer who was able to source these over a few months for me, I only wish the laws did not change as I am sure I could have obtained more, unfortunately the Dealer has now stopped dealing in them... *!!

9. The Ninja

Vintage M95 Pouches

I just received these 2x dark brown / black vintage M95 Pouches, which are similar to the pouch used on the ANH Jawa costume, which is shown in the following Screen Caps.

162.jpg
    162.jpg 163.jpg 164.jpg 165.jpg 166.jpg

167.jpg

167.jpg 168.jpg 169.jpeg

10. The Ninja

Vintage M95 Pouch Collection

Following the recent addition of extra M95 Pouches, I thought I would post an update photo of my M95 Pouch Collection.

1x NOS light tan / brown M95 Pouch

1x light brown M95 Pouch

2x dark brown / black M95 Pouch

2x black M95 Pouch

170.jpg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  11. The Ninja

Vintage Graflex TFA Saber

I commissioned Troy Seneca last year to build my Vintage Graflex TFA Saber (Static) we used the following parts;

Vintage Graflex Inc. 3-Cell Flash
    Wanna Wanga T-Track
    Skywamp Translucent Card
    Wanna Wanga Pommel Cover
    RPF towelkeeper Kobold Clip & D-Ring
    Wanna Wanga Pop Rivets

171.jpg
    171.jpg 172.jpg 173.jpg 174.jpg 175.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  12. The Ninja

$$$ Money Tree $$$

I finally found my unicorn item, a USD Money Tree now to start doing some serious hunting :lol::ninja::lol:

176.png

13. trooper

trooper Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

good, buy all my stuff LOL!

mugatu and The Ninja like this.
  14. The Ninja

The tree is not that BIG :lol::lol::lol:

15. russellsch

russellsch Sr Member

If it drop any seeds, let me know. I need one :D

The Ninja likes this.
  16. The Ninja

ALL Vintage Graflex ANH Saber

I commissioned Troy Seneca last year to build my ALL Vintage Graflex ANH Saber (Static) we used the following parts;

Vintage Folmer Graflex w/Pat 3-Cell Flash
    Vintage Exactra Bubble Strip
    Vintage Saberfreak T-Track
    Vintage Graflex Camera Case Bracket & D-Ring
    Vintage Pop Rivet

177.jpg
    177.jpg 178.jpg 179.jpg 180.jpg 181.jpg 182.jpg

Trooper_trent, Seneca and russellsch like this.
  17. The Ninja

Hunting Box

I just received another Hunting Box from my good buddy Jerry trooper there are some cool items in this box, some of the stand outs;

2x Black Kobold Han ANH

1x MKII Flash Suppressor

1x Eumig with Foam Retail Shipper

1x MPP Silver Bar Clamp

Multiple MPP Parts BIG thanks to Andy mugatu for his help (y)

183.jpg

russellsch and mugatu like this.
  18. mugatu

mugatu Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great video, Dustin. It’s nice to be able to see four side by side in comparison to one another in both physical condition and completeness. Good luck on the sawed off windvane! I’m looking forward to seeing you tackle that one.

No problem, Ian! That is a nice group of stuff you’ve got there, buddy.

The Ninja and newmagrathea like this.
  19. The Ninja

Jawa ANH Alternate Blasters

During my Jawa Blaster, Bandoliers and Costumes research I was going through frame by frame to identify the M95 Pouch used on the boss Jawa bandolier when I also came across some very interesting Jawa Alternate Blasters, I am not sure if these have been identified & posted by others on the RPF but it was a surprise to me as I took the Screen Caps.

I shared my findings with Markus OdiWan72 and after taking clearer Screen Caps we identified 3x Alternate Blaster styles that used the following items;

1- Jawa Alternate Blaster:

Graflite #2773 3-Cell Flash
    Cable attached unable to see if there is a Back Pack
    Graflite 3-Cell Flash Brackets

188.jpg

2- Jawa Alternate Blaster:

Graflex Clamp with Side Bar removed
    Cable attached to a Back Pack

189.jpg

3- Jawa Alternate Blaster:

Graflite 3-Cell Flash Brackets

190.jpg 191.jpg

Screen Caps

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 24.jpg 23.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg 29.jpg 30.jpg 31.jpg

35.jpg 36.jpg 37.jpg 38.jpg 39.jpg
    43.jpg 44.jpg 45.jpg

Note

I started a Research Thread for those who are interested in this prop and would like to follow or help identify unknown parts, thanks...

ANH Jawa Stunt / Alternate Blasters RESEARCH THREAD

Jawa ANH Alternate Blaster Builds

184.jpg

184.jpg 185.jpg 186.jpg 187.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    scottjua, dcarty and russellsch like this.
  20. nailuj

nailuj Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh wow . Well spotted.

The Ninja likes this.
  21. RoCKo

RoCKo Sr Member

Wow, that’s amazing... I always thought those wiring stuff was used to lighten their eyes...
    Never thought of those as alternative blasters!

Do we know what these backpacks are?

The Ninja likes this.
  22. The Ninja

Thanks, not as yet we are still trying to identify and find the accurate item.

23. eethan

eethan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

cool, thanks for sharing. Pity we don't see more of the cable attachement. I wonder what the full blasters out of the holster look like.

The Ninja likes this.
  24. Trebor

Trebor New Member

You have some amazing finds!

It's not Star Wars, but I've got a toughie for you if you want to see if you can work your magic.

I need an original Laser Parts Corporation 1980's laser sight as made for the Colt Trooper revolver, Ruger Mini-14, or Remington 870 shotgun. The original model numbers include the Model 8, Model 87, and one other I can't recall.

This is the laser used in "The Terminator" for his long-slide .45 with laser sight. I just need the tube and it doesn't have to function.

I've come across two but couldn't purchase either one. One owner wouldn't sell and the other wanted WAAAAY too much. Both were currently still installed on firearms (which is fine for me).

25. ed-209

ed-209 Sr Member

Well, if he's taking request...I'm looking for a BSA MKII Rifle telescope (Bond related) --Ed BSA MK II (1).jpg

26. trooper

trooper Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

not for free he wont lol

The Ninja likes this.
  27. The Ninja

Vintage TI-2000 Calculator

I recently picked up this vintage TI-2000 Calculator which completes my vintage Calculator Display Collection, I now need another stand from Victor at DarkLyte Customs (y)

192.jpg
    192.jpg 193.jpg 194.jpg 195.jpg 196.jpg 197.jpg 198.jpg

halliwax, mugatu, russellsch and 2 others like this.
  28. RoCKo

RoCKo Sr Member

You’re a machine! I mean... how? Why? And how again...? :ninja:

The Ninja likes this.
  29. The Ninja

Vintage MPP Microflash Collection

Finally I'm in a position to post photos of my vintage MPP Microflash Collection, some history, as my interest and vintage items & prop collection has grown, I like many I got the vintage MPP bug and wanted to add this rare & iconic vintage flash to my collection, early last year I decided to start hunting for a vintage MPP Microflash and to bid on any that came along, unfortunately I was only to miss out on the few auctions by a huge margin.

After missing out on every auction I decided at the end of year I would spend / bid what ever was needed to add a vintage MPP Microflash to my collection, this decision was to become an insanely expensive decision, as many know who have gone down this rabbit hole.

In the past few months I have been able to win auction & purchase 3x vintage MPP Microflash in varying conditions & configurations;

1- Vintage R.A.F. MPP Micro Technical S92 Ground Camera Kit + MPP Microflash + Painted & Lined Timber Transport Case

2- Vintage MPP Microflash with Reflector

3- Vintage MPP Microflash with Reflector

I need to thank Jerry trooper & Marcus kurtyboy for their assistance with the purchasing & shipping and Chris teecrooz & Andy mugatu for their help in checking & confirming the accuracy of items.

Also whilst I was stoked that I was able to obtain 3x vintage MPP Microflash I was disappointed with the poor condition of the S92 Ground Camera Kit in particularly the MPP Microflash which had missing & broken parts, I posted WTB MPP Parts posts but received no offers, it was Andy mugatu who came to my HELP and we were able to do a deal for many of the MPP parts I needed to repair the flash, Andy your a champion mate and without your HELP I would not have been able to rebuild & configure the Microflash, thanks buddy.

R1 / ANH MPP Flash

Vintage MPP Microflash Small B Port ANH Silver Bar Clamp

This Microflash is in very nice condition and whilst it is not 100% accurate it is a good start and I will look to upgrade parts.

-Two Step Shroud
    -Bulb Holder Rounded Lip
    -Small B Port
    -S is Painted Red
    -Microflash Plate has Thick Font
    -Bulb Release Housing Flathead Screws
    -Bulb Release Housing Thick Aluminum Release Button
    -Bulb Release Housing Black Button
    -Clamp Grey Plastic Sleeve
    -Clamp Silver Straight Bars
    -Pommel 3x Lines on Black Ring

199.jpg
    199.jpg 200.jpg 201.jpg 202.jpg 203.jpg 204.jpg 205.jpg 206.jpg 207.jpg 208.jpg 209.jpg

ESB MPP Flash

Vintage MPP Microflash Large B Port

This Microflash is in amazing condition and very accurate and even has a Single Step Shroud but frustratingly it is the style with the cut front lip, I will look to upgrade the Shroud.

-Single Step Cut Lip Shroud
    -Bulb Holder Rounded Lip
    -Large B Port
    -S Non Painted
    -Microflash Plate has Thin Font
    -Bulb Release Housing Flathead Screws
    -Bulb Release Housing Thick Aluminum Release Button
    -Clamp Black Plastic Sleeve
    -Clamp Black Trapezoid Bars

210.jpg
    210.jpg 211.jpg 212.jpg 213.jpg 214.jpg 215.jpg 216.jpg 217.jpg 218.jpg 219.jpg 220.jpg 221.jpg

Vintage R.A.F. MPP Micro Technical S92 Ground Camera Kit + MPP Microflash + Painted & Lined Timber Transport Case

This Microflash was in the poorest condition as indicated above and required most parts to be replaced, it is the least screen accurate but I intend to display with the camera and other items so will still make a sweet vintage display.

-Two Step Shroud
    -Bulb Holder Rounded Lip
    -Small B Port
    -S Non Painted
    -Microflash Plate has Thick Font (Removed)
    -Bulb Release Housing Roundhead Screws
    -Bulb Release Housing Thin Aluminum Release Button
    -Clamp NO Plastic Sleeve
    -Clamp Black Trapezoid Bar + Black Straight Bar (one of each have no idea if this is common)

222.jpg
    222.jpg 223.jpg 224.jpg 225.jpg 226.jpg 227.jpg 228.jpg 229.jpg

Vintage MPP Microflash Collection

230.jpg
    230.jpg 231.jpg 232.jpg 233.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 8:59 AM
  30. mugatu

mugatu Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow, absolutely STUNNING, Ian!
    That is a rare sight to behold... 3 MPP’s, mate!!!

The Ninja and teecrooz like this.
  31. intwenothor

intwenothor Active Member

Very nice. I used to own an S92 myself. It's a lovely piece of kit but basically just a beefed up version of one of their standard units for the extra knocks of military life where equipment isn't always treated with the respect it deserves. I only see the MOD markings on one of your units; is it on the other stepped shroud version? The no step and cut shroud models are, I believe, later versions for use in civilian life.

14A/4768^' indicates that this flash unit was sold complete i.e. with both body and reflector present whereas '14A/4679^' would be found on the body of a flash sold to the MOD without a reflector and '14A/4680^' would be just the reflector alone. I have a list of all of the codes somewhere but these are the numbers most relevant in this thread. I did some fairly wide research on these pieces a few years back. I also recall that only 464 (or possibly 467 - I'm fuzzy on this one) S92 units were ever made. Production started 1954 and the flash was developed for use with the camera so no MPP flash should be pre '54.

Nice acquisitions. I still own 2 MPPs myself. I let the third one go. I've never known a mix of angled and straight sidebars but if it's a military unit I can see mix and match easily occurring. They wouldn't care: function over form.

IMG_1117.jpg

32. teecrooz

teecrooz Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Here are the codes from my S92 camera case.

2F78393F-6313-4029-AF80-7DF4ACE28F0E.jpeg

mugatu, The Ninja and intwenothor like this.
  33. intwenothor

Yup, that's the list. Mine didn't come with a list like that but as the camera came with pretty much everything it wasn't difficult to fill the gaps. Thanks for sharing that.

teecrooz likes this.
  34. teecrooz

Ian, I think you need to work harder to find this stuff. Only three MPPs...

When he wakes up and sees this, he’ll know I was joking.
    Lol, down to three myself! Was able to get 3.5 of these to other rpf members.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 11:13 AM
  35. The Ninja

Thanks buddy for all your HELP (y) the S92 Flash would still be in my junk box without your help, now to get the camera setup and displayed :D

mugatu likes this.
  36. The Ninja

Thanks for the S92 information, the one I picked up sure had a hard life, I think it was dropped out of a military transport plane a few times lol!! but a cool piece of history I will get the camera setup and displayed soon and post photos.

The mixed Side Bars on the Clamp was a shock but as you say the military would not consider that an issue.

37. The Ninja

LOL!! thanks Chris if I have learnt one thing over the past few years NEVER try to out hunt you it will only end up in therapy lol!!

mugatu likes this.
  38. teecrooz

Nah, I’m nearing prop retirement. Getting close to having what I think I want and been unloading things I don’t. Still a few definite items to still pick up, but much more to get rid of, mostly MR sabers.

Bradberry00 and The Ninja like this.
  39. teecrooz

Ian, I’d love to see you lay it all out in one place.

russellsch, mugatu and The Ninja like this.
  40. The Ninja

I dont think I have enough space in my little apartment, but once I get my displays organized I will post some photos (y)

russellsch and teecrooz like this.
  41. kurtyboy

kurtyboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ah look, the crescent shaped scratch on one of the clamps. The same thing is on the Barbican lightsaber (but painted over so not as visible).

42. intwenothor

Sorry to derail but the MKii scope is rare indeed. It was originally made for the BSA Merlin rifle and only existed for about two years whilst fitted for that rifle. I think it was either 64-66 or 66-68,can't recall which. It was, as the Mki, another plastic scope (polypropylene probably) and didn't survive long as it wasn't a very good scope (same as the MKi). The MKi scope was made in the millions I expect as it was made for the BSA Meteor; the MKii is pretty rare these days. It certainly isn't as common as the MKi. They're so poor, as actual scopes, I expect most were thrown away.

43. ed-209

ed-209 Sr Member

That info is correct. That's why I'm looking for it. Thanks! --Ed

44. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ninja does the ti-2000 have the correct bubble strip as well? That’s new to me! Yours are in beautiful shape!

45. teecrooz

It does. It was the European release of the calculator.

halliwax likes this.
  46. The Ninja

Chris beat me I was taking photos, yeah Danny as Chris posted the TI-2000 was the European version of the Exactra 20 it has the same Board & Bubble Strip.

I should have take photos of the Bubble Strip.

234.jpg
    234.jpg 235.jpg 236.jpg 237.jpg 238.jpg 239.jpg

halliwax likes this.
  47. halliwax

Aahhh!! Thanks Chris!!

48. halliwax

49. The Ninja

Red LED's or Blue PCB?? :love:

I never get that lucky I have only found Green & White PCB's