The Newest Addiction - Becoming A Hunter !

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RevMario

Hello all guys and Ladies of the Hunter Lair.

Two weeks ago i happened upon a cheap Rubies at a costume store in Memphis. And so my costume began... i spent one solid week collecting and reading and looking for ideas before finding the forum. Sadly it was too late to initiate any awesomeness like ya'll have accomplished. (i got by with cardboard, duck-tape and paint).

The greatest news of being a newbie for the Forum, is that my Fiance' said she loved the outfit, and wants me to make it more legit, so we can go to Comic Con or some other Convention...

So i have begun my idea building. attached is the suit on halloween ( yes my hands and feet didn't dry so i didn't get to wear them...)

Here's the ideas thus far ;

Mask - from Termokk
Bio - from Uratz
P1 - Gauntlets ? maybe a little mixture of P1 and the concept suit.
Custom - foamies armor. ( a mixture of the Darkblade picture, and the concept suit i found online)
i'm sticking with that foam padded vest, because i like the plate placement. It just needs refining with better shoulder bells, and some resin to stiffin.

I'm on the quest however for the "perfect muscle level," because of the vest i can't get too big - i'm quit broad shouldered already... (thanks to Judo) oh and i'm 6' - should i build risers?

Questions for Readers :

1. opinion of the vest?
2. opinion of the muscle suit? - I saw someone with an awesome lycra muscle layout... but i didn't see how.
3. any armor templates other than the AVP ones that many use?
4. I don't have an Air Brush - - - so ... has anyone used good ole' Cans? I mean i can tag the dog out of a wall, but i haven't seen a hunter use them here...
5. where's the list of conventions? - i need to look ahead to my calendar...

332482_10150438033445086_631790085_10805157_1539407655_o.jpg

340640_10150438024865086_631790085_10805015_1776907719_o.jpg

DarkBlade_Clan_Predator_by_Mr_DarkBlade.jpg

predator_armor_study_by_alxshipyards-d319kp1.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MEANGENE83

Sr Member
Questions for Readers :

1. opinion of the vest?
My opinion. Ditch the chest vest. Pony up some cash for some loose armor parts. There are a bunch of different options P1 P2 etc.

2. opinion of the muscle suit? - I saw someone with an awesome lycra muscle layout... but i didn't see how.
Lycra muscle suits can be done a few ways. One of the less expensive and easy ways is to get a Mr. Incredible muscle suit and coat it in latex, then paint it. Search the forum for info on mr. incredible. It has been done many times before.

3. any armor templates other than the AVP ones that many use? Not too sure on this...

4. I don't have an Air Brush - - - so ... has anyone used good ole' Cans? I mean i can tag the dog out of a wall, but i haven't seen a hunter use them here...
Good ole cans? You mean spray paint cans? If so... NO. Do not use spray paint. Will never stick to the suit. Ever.

5. where's the list of conventions? - i need to look ahead to my calendar...

There is no specific list of conventions as far as I know. We are all spread all over the world and events come and go and change all the time. Some of the MAIN events/conventions are PINNED in various places of the forum.

Overall great work! Welcome to the addiction! PS The wife will hate ya for it! :)

RevMario

ok i've begun working on my old Rubies Bio, i bought a bunch of putty to demo with. Then bought putty epoxy to re- mould what i just did so that it will turn into plastic and can be sanded. It's an easier option in my opinion than moulding, a bio. i may later make a mould from it if someone wants... otherwise it will be my only one.

The below photo is a photoshop demo of what the end goal is. The end goal above (dark blade) has a unique mask which led me on a search. Therefore, I love the Mortal Kombat series and thought this mask would be a nice unique mixture of differing styles, i may try to mix in a bit more bio ideas.

thought everyone would enjoy this thread on how to mod a rubies bio. i'll put it as it's own thread once the bio is finished.

subzero pred.jpg