The NEW official Red Ryder “Christmas Wish” BB gun is out in stores

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
*NOTE: I keep seeing people say, “I bought one of these years ago... no! No you didn’t! This just came out last month. It is a completely New version. It has the compass and sundial. The old ones don’t. This has the stock logo on the correct “left” side. This has the gold band on the gun. So please note that this is not the old regular version sold in store’s previously. *

I came across the Red Ryder BB gun that they released last month while at Walmart today. $24.96 for the piece. It features the logo on the correct side of the stock and has the compass, sundial and gold band. This is one step closer to the film gun and for the price it is worth grabbing. It is very similar to the older “Christmas Dream” edition they released, but much cheaper and without the words “Christmas Dream” engraved on it.

They are sold out online but you can use the website to check for stores in your area that carry them.
B6EC0916-7E91-4E89-B8EA-D7D1DD1EB823.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought 1 a couple of years ago from bass proshops . I use the box as a prop at Christmas time. And yes, at the desk I. The living room. Lol
That would be the old version. Last month Daisy released a new version, with the stock logo on the correct left side, the compass in the stock and the sundial. So it is a completely different piece.

There used to be a post in here displaying the gun, decoder pin and Ace Test pilot and Agent X-9 books in a case. Does anyone have that pic?

Thanks for the heads up Moviefreak. Are the box graphics screen accurate too? There's an Etsy seller that sells screen accurate boxes supposedly, but that's $90 alone. For some reason the link isn't working, but it's the same shop that sells this: Red Ryder BB Gun WINDOW DISPLAY from movie A Christmas Story | Etsy
The box is not screen accurate. They of course had to go mess that up with writing stuff on it about this edition and the name: A Christmas Wish.

There used to be a post in here displaying the gun, decoder pin and Ace Test pilot and Agent X-9 books in a case. Does anyone have that pic?
I should have it on an old hard drive. I visit the museum every year when visiting my parents at Christmas. I have a ton of photos.

It looked to be fan made. It had several of the items from the drawer and looked to be in some sort of shadow box.
Hmmm.... I’ll search around the forum to see if I can find it. I know I had a 24 x 36 framed display once but I sold it, it was a shadowbox with the gun, Red Ryder Ad, decoder pin, Lifebouy soap box, Little Orphan Annie letter, Red Ryder target, broken glasses and lobby card from the film. I sold it here in the junkyard back in 2014.

Hmmm.... I’ll search around the forum to see if I can find it. I know I had a 24 x 36 framed display once but I sold it, it was a shadowbox with the gun, Red Ryder Ad, decoder pin, Lifebouy soap box, Little Orphan Annie letter, Red Ryder target, broken glasses and lobby card from the film. I sold it here in the junkyard back in 2014.

That was probably it.

My Walmart has the old version I’m guessing? Red Ryder but no compass on the rifle. And the box didn’t say A Christmas Wish on it

I’m now thinking of taking one of these and making changes to be even more screen accurate. We’ve seen people strip the Tomenosuke blasters and refinish them, so why not one of these?

looking at the original being held by the owner of the Christmas Story House, it looks like the black metal might need to stripped down and blued. The wood would need darkened and the gold band replaced by antiqued brass or copper and an extra band put on the front.

7B1EEF4D-504A-4D6B-AFFC-25CDA2EFFA30.jpeg
33B2097B-FAD0-43A1-929A-56E477328CAC.jpeg
04FCE9CF-9F11-4E8E-8949-5891119A3339.jpeg
564D7A12-215E-47B3-AA5A-4CA5E44A4584.jpeg

And I found a couple images from a 1930’s and a 1950’s original Daisy (didn’t have compass and sundial of course), and they looked pretty much on par with how the film piece was created.

4041BF17-273F-4A69-B6E2-AC9CD95A0FF4.jpeg
105F28F9-38D2-4F9C-BE84-78B4B09F61D4.jpeg
2DA95A1F-BC3F-40EF-8598-3822259A529D.jpeg

I was wondering about how much needs accurizing too. Looks like the compass colors may be wrong on the replica too.

Be warned! Many Walmart’s are saying that they are “in stock” but they only have the old ones. I just got back from 4 different Walmart’s that said these were in stock but they only had the old ones.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back