The new NECA Jason masks: What kind of crap are they giving us?

Nataku

Sr Member
First of all, I liked the NECA line of Jason masks. They were pretty well done for a twenty some dollar prop you could pick up at Toys R Us. I thought the paint jobs were decent and didn't even bother changing the straps since they were just wall hangers. When I heard they were doing two more, I thought, why not. They'll look good with the collection.
2012-10-26185527.jpg

Boy, was I wrong. The mask itself is pretty good, even seems thicker than the others and the straps are sllightly better than the previous ones. This one (the part 4 version) has 2 seperate straps, the top one being adjustable and they can be unsnapped from the mask. Theoretically, you could just unsnap the old ones and snap on new straps without having to drill the mask.

The paint job is so god awful though.

2012-10-26185218.jpg

It's a weird yellowish that doesn't look right. The streaks on it make it look like it's made of wood. They painted right over the lower buttons.
2012-10-26185239.jpg

The red triangles were definitely brushed and possibly by a three year old. Even the part of the triangle that is supposed to be missing is just painted a different color, badly and is really noticable.
2012-10-26185301.jpg

I'll probably pick up the part 3 version just to finish out the collection but at least this one is definitely getting an over haul.

Last edited:
For $20 I think it's above what I would expect.

A bit of a repaint and touch up and you have a fantastic Jason mask for the price of a pizza.

For the price, look at these as a great opportunity to do your own custom paint job.
Strip it with Naptha or mineral spirits and start from scratch.
Alternately, if someone wants me to do a repaint for them, please find my kit build and paint services thread in the jy.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back