Limited Run The Neverending Story (blank) Book and Auryn by Magnoli Props

The sizing of the book was estimated based on four points:
  • Photos of someone holding the original prop (comparing their hand size, etc to the book)
  • Photos of the original prop with a hand written note on what looks like standard sized paper
  • Measurements of a back-up Auryn prop from an auction compared with the Auryn on the original prop book
  • Standard paper sizes compared to the original prop book
Amazingly all the above photogrammetry matched up extremely close, so we're pretty confident about our sizing (which is smaller than what was previously estimated). This also confirmed my assumption that the Auryn medallion and the one on the book cover are the same size.
I was curious to know if the original book prop had anything on the pages or where the pages blank??

Our first Auryn necklace prototype is done. The silver came out WAY too bright, so I've darkened it digitally to give a better impression of what we're going for:

l9ffOtAl.jpg

I'm going to see if we can get a slightly less glossy finish to cut down on the mirror-effect. Other than that minor issue, we're really happy with the detail coming out of these casts!

Oh, this is just LOVELY!

How will the chain connect to it? Any thoughts on detailing on the reverse side?

I'm so excited - it's clear you're really lavishing skill and love on this project. Can't wait for more updates!

Yes, it'll have the decorative end papers as well. I think a different book was used for Part II, as there seem to be a few minor differences, but they're hardly noticeable (and I could be wrong on this point... as I've seen some shots even within the first film that make the books look different... so there could have been multiple versions that varied slightly.... tough to say).

The book project has been delayed as we play around with paper options. All the deckled edged paper we've sourced has a very OLD hand-made look that gives the book more of an ancient "tome" look than that of a relatively modern hard-covered novel. At this point, I think we're going to go with a regular straight-cut edge paper and then offer an option distressing for those who want an older looking book.

The book project has been delayed as we play around with paper options. All the deckled edged paper we've sourced has a very OLD hand-made look that gives the book more of an ancient "tome" look than that of a relatively modern hard-covered novel. At this point, I think we're going to go with a regular straight-cut edge paper and then offer an option distressing for those who want an older looking book.
But what kind of paper did the original prop have?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back