The Natural w/ Robert Redford

Jpdesign

Who else is a fan?
AD36D071-90D5-4F31-8D95-B524B1D7F1C4.jpeg

Last edited:

ALLEY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have always wanted to add a Wonder Boy replica bat to my collection.

One of these days…

lmgill

Sr Member
Nice.
I made Wonder boy. Along with the pieces used to show Wonder Boy being carved.
The props for this were made at the prop company, "The Hand Prop Room" (HPR).
I also worked on the gloves, catchers masks, shin guards, ball baskets, ball/ strike counters

Jpdesign

Nice.
I made Wonder boy. Along with the pieces used to show Wonder Boy being carved.
The props for this were made at the prop company, "The Hand Prop Room" (HPR).
I also worked on the gloves, catchers masks, shin guards, ball baskets, ball/ strike counters
Nice. The glove there is from the later 30’s, made by Nokona. I made the hat and prepped the bat. Friend of mine did the burning. I keep looking for trombone case and a vintage baseball but those old balls are really expensive these days.

lmgill

Sr Member
Nice. The glove there is from the later 30’s, made by Nokona. I made the hat and prepped the bat. Friend of mine did the burning. I keep looking for trombone case and a vintage baseball but those old balls are really expensive these days.
Your bat looks good.
For the film, we had the balls custom made by one of the ball manufacturing companies, don't remember which one. I used to have one, but over the years it got misplaced, or used.
Our general manager went to the baseball hall of fame and photographed the pieces in their collection that were from the era we needed. The gloves used were mostly made in our leather shop.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.