The Natural props

propologist

Sr Member
Here's a set of three drawings from the movie. Max mercy newpaper drawings. I copied these from a auction site where they sold the originals . Funny enough someone must have done the same thing because they have been posted on ebay as a three drawing set for 29.99..and they have sold a few sets..lol I love bursting bubbles.

I made them larger so when your shrink them the res. will be better . I'm working on several " Natural " props currently , so I might work them into a newspaper eventually. If you need better images sent to you just let me know.

I'm working on reproducing the rest of the team like the Roy Hobbs card seen everywhere.

Last edited:
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!! I was about to buy the ones on Ebay, lol. I wanted to get a bat, the baseball card, a uniform and these. Thanks for posting!!

roy.JPG

If I did a run of bats, would people be up for buying them? They would be solid wood bats with the Wonderboy logo burned in them like in the film.

should start an interest thread. I'm taking that card and adding the other players along with making the cards like the old 1941/1939 play ball cards. Mainly to get autographed. been researching all the guys on the team and most are available as they didn't do much or where baseball players anyway after the film. Already have farnsworth and redford..just need the rest of the team and a few others .
A bat would be great too..they crop up on ebay from time to time.

I am thinking, if I can get enough people on board, I could probably do a run at $40-50.00 a bat. Maybe I will do an interest thread shortly.

Somebody did a run years ago. I had one but sold it later along with the production made card that the above image was scanned from.

Last edited:
I had one as well. I made it a few years ago and sold it off. Now I wish I didn't....I figured, if I decide to make another, why not make more and offer them in the JY.

That's pretty cool. The prop shop that printed the the cards may have been The Hand Prop Room. I worked there on this film, building (along with a crew of 3 others) much of the baseball equipment as well as "Wonder Boy".

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back