The Muppets (2011) Blu ray audio?

Eopie Herder

Sr Member
Did anyone else buy this, and are they having any audio issues? I'm getting static in loud parts of the film, sounds like the speakers are all blown. But, this is the only disk I'm having this problem with.

Anyone heard of this or are having the same issue?

I think that's usually decoding issue in the player or receiver. What's your equipment?

The player is a Vizio 3D Blu-Ray player that is practically brand new. I could check to see if there are any updates. Receiver is pretty old, but still works great. Never had any issues with any other new disks, and have gotten a few recently. I'm planning on upgrading to a 7.1 this year, but again...not had issues like this with any other movie or media on the receiver. I'll definitely check the player's updates and see if there are any that need to be installed.

Newer disks can have issues because the BR standard is updated from time to time. Audio codecs usually are not updated nearly as often.

What'd doing the decoding of the audio tracks? The BR player or the reciever? If it's the reciever, see if there's an option for the BR player to do the transcoding and pass the stream to the reciever. Or see if there's a lower surround channel to send to the reciever.

Newer disks can have issues because the BR standard is updated from time to time. Audio codecs usually are not updated nearly as often.

What'd doing the decoding of the audio tracks? The BR player or the reciever? If it's the reciever, see if there's an option for the BR player to do the transcoding and pass the stream to the reciever. Or see if there's a lower surround channel to send to the reciever.

I checked to see if the player needed any updates, and it was up to date. I also put in a few other new releases, like Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and didn't have any issues. So, I'm thinking it may be this....

Could be the DTS bomb:

I’m the Bomb… The DTS Bomb! | High-Def Digest: The Bonus View

Affects Denon receivers most.

Happened to me with my Star Wars Bluray.

Which blows. I know I'll be getting a new receiver later in the year but it sucks that this one disk has a problem.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back