Limited Run THE MUMMY - Hamunaptra Key Fully Functional 2.0 - OLD

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Here it is. Fully Functional !!! Sorry for the quality of the video, I needed both hands to demonstrate the key. ;)

Yes, it is indeed available from Shapeways.
It will be NON-painted, PM me here after you order and I will send you the spring kit.

Hamunptra Key ................... $165
Ham Key Lock....................... $10
Spring kit w/order ................. Free
Hamunaptra Map w/order..... Free

Key will now be sold through TheRPF.com soon.

FAIR WARNING
This is a stand alone prop and is not designed to work with the books.
---update----- Key may work with books with a lock upgrade in the near future.

Last edited:
Great job, did it take a lot of work to clean it up before paint?

I didn't even SAND the surface. :lol

I had to clean out a bit of print dust from internal spaces, but that was it.

If you want it perfectly smooth, it might require some sanding, but there aren't any print lines or anything on it when received. That's why I like using Shapeways.

Last edited:
It looks great. Does anyone know if there are any current Shapeways coupons that will apply? The only that I could get to work were for free shipping.

Here's the assembly video. Again, sorry for the quality of video.

My goal was to have this so the average person could do the assembly themselves. I believe I have accomplished this. :cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the assembly video. Again, sorry for the quality of video.

My goal was to have this so the average person could do the assembly themselves. I believe I have accomplished this. :cool

The video looks like it covers everything. Thank you!

Kit ordered! Thank you, so much, for doing this! A dream prop for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought people might be interested in seeing some pictures to help with painting their key. I found these on my google searches.

The-Mummy-Key-to-Hamunaptra-2.jpgA0ABB081-A56A-43D9-A54B-5A6AE77417D3-10218-000001CF97FD24B7.JPG9076878_1_x.jpg5885C90E-4777-4D2B-B7C9-41C99AABC0EE-10218-000001CF9C768B79.JPG71F988CD-F062-4B23-8DE3-115E246BD082-10218-000001CF9F5A9AD9.JPGThe-Mummy-Key-To-The-Book-Of-The-Dead-2.jpgThe-Mummy-Key-To-The-Book-Of-The-Dead-1.jpgs-l1600 (4).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (6).jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg2021598a23f71af0bcb9ee4d626784d3.jpgdsc_0037.jpg

In retrospect, that map is probably NOT on papyrus. I just think it's cooler on papyrus. And better if you're going to frame it. :cool

I've just been notified of an error in the TOP part of the key. (major error ! :wacko )

When saving the file, some items got grouped WRONG and the holes in the top part disappeared.

Anyone that this affects will get a refund to cover ordering the Top portion only.

My humble apologies. :angel

Looking at the piece i received, and the new piece on Shapeways. I assume the "hole" to which you are referring is the rectangular depression to the right (as viewed from the outside of the piece) of each "elbow" section. If that is the case, then I will need to get the new top.

Yep, those are the ones. PM me your PayPal email and I'll send you the cost of a new piece.

If I had printed these myself, I could have sent everyone a new one. This would be the rare downside to using Shapeways.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back