The Mummy Hamunaptra key 3.3

I wrote Dragon Resin an email yesterday to ask why I have not received my resin yet. They have not responded as of yet.

This thread disappears from my radar sometimes, but still very interested... ;). Thanks for keeping us updated! (y)

Did you see this? The opening mechanism is very different from what I've seen anymore make. Maybe this can help

OMG!!!!!

1. Glad to get confirmation of my analysis of the resin stunt key, that the hero key WOULD be made of metal, not resin.

The thing is that my second way is somewhat similar, but I hide the piece you see inside the box, in the outside SHELL instead of being so visible inside the box. My way is actually better, because it's hidden, but harder to pull off because it is hidden. (trust me, my way will be more difficult to perfect...hmmm..)

I've been waiting on the Dragon resin, but it still hasn't shown up. I may just have to proceed without it. <bummer>

Last edited:
If you can have the top flaps as flat as seen on the screen used prop, that would be incredible. (Never seen a "functional" key replica where those top flaps are completely flat).

If you can have the top flaps as flat as seen on the screen used prop, that would be incredible. (Never seen a "functional" key replica where those top flaps are completely flat).

Ah! You're psychic. I just spent a few hours making them flat. I'm making some other changes to match the wonderful Hero prop as well.

Notice that UNDER each flap when they're closed is a flat ridge? The flap is not actually resting on the top of base. There is a raised ridge going from hinge to hinge under each flap.

Look under the highroglyphics on the bottom. There is actually a slight TAPER from the edge of the walls to the bottom of the key. :)

I have your V1 and can’t wait for this version to be ready!

I’m glad the hero prop finally came up for auction.

Thanks so much for the video. :love:

I've decided to match this as closely as possible, which means I'll also be revising my flap hinges to be more in line with what you see. And trying to hide the opening mechanism in the shell really isn't working well enough for my taste. So, I'll be doing something like what you see in the prop, but making the silver "part" seen inside the box smaller and less conspicuous.

Sounds great. Personally I wouldn't mind if the opening mechanism is visible like in the original prop. But smaller is fine too... (y)
(y) (y)

mummy key 3_3 pic.jpg

Okay, I'm now on V3.3 as I keep redesigning it and making changes. Here's the piece in the middle that will keep the flaps FLAT !!!!
Since on mine, it is intentional and meant to be seen, I put a scarab and sun on the piece. Rather than a separate piece, it will be part of the bottom half of the key and stick up through the top half. This will cut down on the number of pieces and make assembly easier.

The red arrow is where I redesigned the flaps so there will no longer be a visible gap in the hinge. It will now look more like the Hero.

(perspective is a bit weird, but that's just the program I'm viewing it with. The model is normal. ;) )

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back