The Mummy Hamunaptra key 3.3

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This will be the home of the sales thread for the Hamunaptra Key 3.1

The key's size has been reduced from it's 2017 original so that it is more consistent with the size of the books of Life and the Dead.
The pin for the hinges for the flaps were 3D printed in the original, and sometimes broke under stress. The new pins for the flaps are metal and will not break, and will rotate easier since they are perfect round and low friction. (this should eliminate sticky flaps not opening)
The new 3.0 key will be 3D printed glossy metal colored PLA, and looks very cool even without being painted. The key will be sold as a finished piece, rather than a kit.

Pics will be posted soon, as it's still finishing printing as I sit here at my computer.

Interest List

Possible options:

(1) STL files and accessory kit is $50.
(2) Kit printed in resin with accessory kit. Price is $150.
(3) ~
(4) Finished resin, painted, and assembled will be $180.
(5) ~

****** Free USA shipping. $15 for International shipping.

Final interest list (please specify 1 through 5 option)

1. trammell (option 1)​

2. TomVDJ (option 4)​

3. KamenOtaku (option 1) (PAID) (files sent)(kit sent)​

4. MTB (1 and 2(?)) (PAID) (files sent)(kit sent)​

5. blastoplex (option 4)​

6. Ceebrupt (option 2) (PAID)​

7. dmccue (option 4)​

8. Mechanized (option 4)​

9. aeseven7 (option 4)​

10. ahoudini (option 4)​

11. Mpops89 (option 4)​

12. Lrp4209 (option 1) (PAID) (files sent)(kit sent)​

13. Knightmare (4)​

14. vbarcier (option 4) (PAID)​

15. BrundelFly (option 1) (PAID) (files sent)(kit sent)​

16. Sean Hebein (option 4)​

17. Hawkwind (option 4)(PAID)​

18. ApostleofColor (option 1)(PAID)(files sent)(kit sent)​

19. Bruce Wayne (option 4)​

20.​

21. DracoAdamantus (option 1) (PAID) (files sent)(kit sent)​

22. zort173 (option 4)​

23. dcast (option 1) (PAID) (files sent)(kit sent)​

24. Movie Magic (option 4)​

25. dmccue (option 4)​

26. pmshope (option 1) (PAID) (files sent) (kit sent)​

27. doriang (option 4)​

WAIT LIST

1. Gee2​

2. LorenzoTOS​

3. Estel_MM​

4. spiratus​

Last edited:
Why no kit? I prefer to finish my own (not that I ever DO actually finish anything). ;)
I never did pick up the 2.0. But would be interested in a 3.0, in kit form, in case you change your mind.
Looking forward to seeing the latest, whatever the case! :)

I may have to choose a different metal colored PLA. The glossy PLA on the larger pieces has print lines, and you can't sand out the print lines without losing the glossy finish. Some areas where the nozzle stayed on the print for a longer time doesn't have the glossy finish to start with.

I have an alternate PLA already, it's not the glossy metal finish, and I'll print up a prototype with that one.

Why no kit? I prefer to finish my own (not that I ever DO actually finish anything). ;)
I never did pick up the 2.0. But would be interested in a 3.0, in kit form, in case you change your mind.
Looking forward to seeing the latest, whatever the case! :)

The difference between a kit and non-kit would simply be the assembly since the PLA is already metal colored. I can offer it unassembled, but for only slightly less money, since assembly is easy.

Oh, cool! Unassembled still gives me the option to add any coloring or weathering, plus the joy/pride of assembling it myself.

Looking forward to seeing what this metal-colored PLA looks like! :)

Thanks!

Here's the "silky" color. Sadly, anywhere where the supports touch gets majorly chewed up. I did the flaps first, and then the base. I was encouraged by the flaps looking SMOOTH without print lines and thought the base would come out the same way. But even with the same settings, the base had lines through the important parts of the base. I think this PLA is just too hard to work with. I will try the other one I bought.

Having talked to one whom is interested, I may adjust my settings and try again.

This silky bronze filament is just the color I want and the silky finish is very metallic looking.
It might be worth the effort to dial in the settings.

I will adjust my settings and try again. I think the larger size, without increasing the number of SHELLS made the inside print at a faster speed, and created more lines then on the smaller pieces. This could be fixable by slowing down the print speed.

I'm making an official interest list in Post #1.

This will be the home of the sales thread for the Hamunaptra Key 3.0.

The key's size has been reduced from it's 2017 original so that it is more consistent with the size of the books of Life and the Dead.
The pin for the hinges for the flaps were 3D printed in the original, and sometimes broke under stress. The new pins for the flaps are metal and will not break, and will rotate easier since they are perfect round and low friction. (this should eliminate sticky flaps not opening)
The new 3.0 key will be 3D printed glossy metal colored PLA, and looks very cool even without being painted. The key will be sold as a finished piece, rather than a kit.

Pics will be posted soon, as it's still finishing printing as I sit here at my computer.

Interest List

1. vbarcier​

2. Ceebrupt​

3. Generalurko​

4. dmccue​

5. Gee2​

6. mrwax​

7. aeseven7​

8. Movie Magic​

I am definitely interested.

Okay, I'll get a new prototype of just the top to prove it can print smoother. There's enough interested that it'll be worth the time to get the settings right. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back