The Mummy - Book of the Dead

KillKen

I'm currently teaching myself Blender and thought I would set myself a goal of making the Book of the dead but as a storage container for my nieces birthday in September as a way of learning Blender and so far have come up with this. The plan is to model the key as well which will flip open and then unlock the book and have it as an empty storage container. The plan is when it gets unlocked I want the two bird heads to spring open and then open the lid like the book and be hollow inside.

I am working on this when I have spare time so been doing it for a few months now but hoping to have it done by September...

Attachments

• Book of the dead.jpg
    Book of the dead.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Book of the dead bottom.jpg
    Book of the dead bottom.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 116
I'm currently teaching myself Blender and thought I would set myself a goal of making the Book of the dead but as a storage container for my nieces birthday in September as a way of learning Blender and so far have come up with this. The plan is to model the key as well which will flip open and then unlock the book and have it as an empty storage container. The plan is when it gets unlocked I want the two bird heads to spring open and then open the lid like the book and be hollow inside.

I am working on this when I have spare time so been doing it for a few months now but hoping to have it done by September...

I did some preliminary work on an actual opening lock that would open with the Hamunaptra key, and would open the Birds and everything. I can tell you my design works in theory, but I never printed it to find out for sure.

Nice! I already have an idea and keen to see how it works. In think the key is going to be interesting to do lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back