The most accurate EP II clone Helemt

C6...good luck getting one though. The only ones available are poor recasts. AFAIK the only other options are the Kellogg's and the Rubies (the former being the better one of the two).

Originally posted by foxbatkllr@Feb 11 2006, 07:15 PM
C6...good luck getting one though.  The only ones available are poor recasts.  AFAIK the only other options are the Kellogg's and the Rubies (the former being the better one of the two).
[snapback]1181883[/snapback]​

So the kelloggs is the better one of the two
Why?

Mark

Originally posted by propcollector+Feb 11 2006, 11:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propcollector @ Feb 11 2006, 11:25 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-foxbatkllr
@Feb 11 2006, 07:15 PM
C6...good luck getting one though.  The only ones available are poor recasts.  AFAIK the only other options are the Kellogg's and the Rubies (the former being the better one of the two).

Why?

Mark
[snapback]1181889[/snapback]​
[/b]

The Kellogg's is larger and better shaped overall. The Rubies is very small and stretch out funny. It just looks kinda weird. The kellogg's can be modified to look pretty dang good.

Originally posted by foxbatkllr+Feb 11 2006, 07:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foxbatkllr @ Feb 11 2006, 07:45 PM)</div>
Originally posted by propcollector@Feb 11 2006, 11:25 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-foxbatkllr
@Feb 11 2006, 07:15 PM

Why?

Mark
[snapback]1181889[/snapback]​

The Kellogg's is larger and better shaped overall. The Rubies is very small and stretch out funny. It just looks kinda weird. The kellogg's can be modified to look pretty dang good.
[snapback]1181903[/snapback]​
[/b]

Do you have any pics of a modified one and what things do you do to make it better
Mark

Originally posted by foxbatkllr+Feb 11 2006, 08:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foxbatkllr @ Feb 11 2006, 08:09 PM)</div>
@Feb 11 2006, 12:07 PM
I have the Kellog's Episode 2 Clone Tropper helmet STILL in the package with the 2 boxes of cereal.. Anyone want it?

VFF
[snapback]1181914[/snapback]​

I'd want it, but I think propcollector needs it more.
[snapback]1181915[/snapback]​
[/b]

The first link does not work

Originally posted by propcollector+Feb 11 2006, 08:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propcollector @ Feb 11 2006, 08:32 PM)</div>
Originally posted by foxbatkllr@Feb 11 2006, 08:09 PM
Here's some tutorials:

http://www.geocities.com/tkvanb/clonetrooperhelmet.html

http://users.adelphia.net/~rickenbacker/cl...oper_bucket.htm

<!--QuoteBegin-vaderfanforever
@Feb 11 2006, 12:07 PM
I have the Kellog's Episode 2 Clone Tropper helmet STILL in the package with the 2 boxes of cereal.. Anyone want it?

VFF
[snapback]1181914[/snapback]​

I'd want it, but I think propcollector needs it more.
[snapback]1181915[/snapback]​
How much vaderfan?
Mark

The first link does not work
[snapback]1181919[/snapback]​
[/b]

ya i just looked at it now at 5:48 in eastern time and it is workin for me.

UPDATE: and one minute later it is not working...if i get it again i might get some screens or something for u guys...idk...

Doing a Kelloggs is kind of fun and you learn alot. I did one and posted everything on the clone boards. You can see every step in the convertion

My Kelloggs Saga

Here is a pic of the finshed helmet, minus the visor that I have not gotten around to yet.

364404.JPG

I got a vac formed kellogs copy that im half way through modifying but i have lost interst in it,

any one looking for a project to finish?

send me a pm if anyone wants it

I think I'm finally going to finish mine. I actually patterned it almost three years ago and already made the mold. I cast one helmet but never painted or assembled it.

This is an old pic of the master while I was still working on it. I fixed four or five little things before the mold was finally made. I have one other thing to finish for someone, but this helmet is next on my list to debut. It's been a long time in coming and I'm so close to the finish line.

Adam[attachmentid=6599]

Originally posted by Chewcy@Feb 14 2006, 09:54 AM
great work Adam, cant wait ot see one of these painted up

Paul
[snapback]1183938[/snapback]​

Thanks... The final is actually better than what's in the photo. I used that picture to nail down the last few little revisions to the sculpt. I put at least 100 hours into patterning that thing. It was so much work that I totally burned out on the project for a long time.

But now that I've got my Master Replicas EpIII helmet, I totally want to finish this thing. I compared them and my E2 is a touch larger than their E3. I was worried that it would be a lot bigger, so I'm glad that they weren't shy about the size of theirs. I think they'll look good side-by-side.

Adam

CMANavy: I wouldn't have believed the Kellogg's could look so good. Great job. :thumbsup

godzilla: The 100 hours shows. That sculpt's a beaut. Looking forward to seeing the finished lid beside an MR Episode III. :thumbsup

Originally posted by CMANavy@Feb 14 2006, 10:14 AM
Wow.  That is incredible. Your final product will be quite a helmet.  Are you sure you did not get the CGI files?
[snapback]1183946[/snapback]​

I just got some good photo refs and mathematically scaled all the dimensions. It's a lot of sculpting, but a lot of calipers and calculators too.

The lifesize cardboard standups have always been a huge benefit to me. The E2 clonetrooper standup has sort of a fisheye perspective so it wasn't much good for scaling, but it helped me nail a couple details that I've never seen anywhere else.

Adam

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back