The most accurate EP II clone Helemt

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by propcollector, Feb 11, 2006.

1. propcollector

propcollector Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Who makes the the most accurate EP II Clone trooper Helemt?

Mark

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Sr Member

C6...good luck getting one though. The only ones available are poor recasts. AFAIK the only other options are the Kellogg's and the Rubies (the former being the better one of the two).

3. propcollector

So the kelloggs is the better one of the two
    Why?

Mark

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Sr Member

The Kellogg's is larger and better shaped overall. The Rubies is very small and stretch out funny. It just looks kinda weird. The kellogg's can be modified to look pretty dang good.

5. propcollector

Do you have any pics of a modified one and what things do you do to make it better
    Mark

6. vaderfanforever

vaderfanforever Active Member

I have the Kellog's Episode 2 Clone Tropper helmet STILL in the package with the 2 boxes of cereal.. Anyone want it?

VFF

7. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Sr Member

8. propcollector

The first link does not work

9. propcollector

10. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Sr Member

Looks like the first link exceeded its bandwidth...it'll be back later I'm sure.

11. Star Wars Man

Star Wars Man Well-Known Member

ya i just looked at it now at 5:48 in eastern time and it is workin for me.

UPDATE: and one minute later it is not working...if i get it again i might get some screens or something for u guys...idk...

12. CMANavy

CMANavy Sr Member

Doing a Kelloggs is kind of fun and you learn alot. I did one and posted everything on the clone boards. You can see every step in the convertion

My Kelloggs Saga

Here is a pic of the finshed helmet, minus the visor that I have not gotten around to yet.

[​IMG]

13. maniacman7

maniacman7 Well-Known Member

14. fettster

fettster Sr Member

I got a vac formed kellogs copy that im half way through modifying but i have lost interst in it,

any one looking for a project to finish?

send me a pm if anyone wants it

15. godzilla

godzilla Well-Known Member

I think I'm finally going to finish mine. I actually patterned it almost three years ago and already made the mold. I cast one helmet but never painted or assembled it.

This is an old pic of the master while I was still working on it. I fixed four or five little things before the mold was finally made. I have one other thing to finish for someone, but this helmet is next on my list to debut. It's been a long time in coming and I'm so close to the finish line.

Adam[attachmentid=6599]

16. Chewcy

Chewcy Well-Known Member

great work Adam, cant wait ot see one of these painted up

Paul

17. godzilla

Thanks... The final is actually better than what's in the photo. I used that picture to nail down the last few little revisions to the sculpt. I put at least 100 hours into patterning that thing. It was so much work that I totally burned out on the project for a long time.

But now that I've got my Master Replicas EpIII helmet, I totally want to finish this thing. I compared them and my E2 is a touch larger than their E3. I was worried that it would be a lot bigger, so I'm glad that they weren't shy about the size of theirs. I think they'll look good side-by-side.

Adam

18. CMANavy

CMANavy Sr Member

Wow. That is incredible. Your final product will be quite a helmet. Are you sure you did not get the CGI files?

19. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

CMANavy: I wouldn't have believed the Kellogg's could look so good. Great job. :thumbsup

godzilla: The 100 hours shows. That sculpt's a beaut. Looking forward to seeing the finished lid beside an MR Episode III. :thumbsup

20. godzilla

I just got some good photo refs and mathematically scaled all the dimensions. It's a lot of sculpting, but a lot of calipers and calculators too.

The lifesize cardboard standups have always been a huge benefit to me. The E2 clonetrooper standup has sort of a fisheye perspective so it wasn't much good for scaling, but it helped me nail a couple details that I've never seen anywhere else.

Adam

21. Durasteel Corporation

Durasteel Corporation Well-Known Member

I wouldnt sweat the size.

Technically the clonnies outta be 5'7 as per Morrison....but in the films Morrison is on a platform to be closer to Obi Wan....roughly 6 foot I presume.

My clonesuit is being sculpted on a 6 foot mannequin. Just makes sense.

22. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Sr Member

Ewan's a bit shorter than 6' but clone height is generally 5'10 to 6', so a 6' mannequin is canon enough. The visual dictionary for ROTS states all clones are 5'10 while the SW.com databank says they are 6'.

23. deralis

deralis Well-Known Member

Awesome helmet Godzilla
    Cant wait to see the final result,
    I'm shure it will be as great a quality as your Tusken Kits....

24. clonesix

clonesix Sr Member

That is a very sharp looking helmet, godzilla. I hope that you will have some more pictures of it to show us soon. It has a really clean look to it.

My helmet is not screen accurate, but my head fits in there. I feared that anything that was too accurate would smash my nose too much. So the front slopes forward more than the screen accurate version.

25. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

Nice job Godzilla. Can't wait to see more pics of it.
    -Goldenrod

26. TMP

TMP Sr Member

What helmet do you reffer to the CGI or the .... MR replica helmet?
    Hehehe Sorry.. I just got caried away with this accuracy issue.
    My advice. Go for what you like. :thumbsup

27. TMP

TMP Sr Member

BTW Godzila. That is a nice replica of the helmet. :thumbsup :)

28. godzilla

The nature of a cgi prop is that they're not always precisely the same size on screen all the time anyway. The on-set effects technicians take good notes as to the dimensions of the set so that things are as accurately comped as possible, but there are discrepencies. A lot of times the sizes are even intentionally cheated for an actor's eyelines or the framing/composition of the shot.

The MTT's in Ep1 come to mind as the most inconsistently sized CG models ever. They were rather small when they ran over Qui Gon, and then they were the size of a blimp hangar when they were rolling across the plains into Theed.

29. vaderfanforever

vaderfanforever Active Member

Mark,

I have emailed you and already sent the Kellog's Episode II helmet you wanted. I sent it early because here in Eastern Ontario we got a really big ice storm, which makes it immosible to drive ANYWHERE.. I haven't heard back from you. Please pay $35 to my Paypal account as soon as you can. Thanks so much.

Eli - VaderFanForever

30. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

Godzilla,

I remember when you were last working on that baby a couple of years back. You really should finish it as imo it looks really superb

keep up the good work mate.

Cheers

Jez

31. JUDGE_HELLFAST

JUDGE_HELLFAST Well-Known Member

Beatiful work, Godzilla. Keep up the good work, bro.

32. clownluv15

clownluv15 Well-Known Member

im starting to mod my kelloggs clonetrooper helmet,whats the best glue for gluing the fin to the top of it after i make it?would superglue work ok?what the best way to put the led's in the back of the fin?

33. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Does anyone have good technical drawings of what the finished piece should look like?

34. clownluv15

35. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

I got my Kelloggs helmet. I'll be planning it's restructuring soon.

36. scattrap

scattrap Well-Known Member

Godzilla, I have yet to see a E2 Clone helmet that looks this good. I am excited to see more pics. If you ever do a run of this work of art count me interested. Good job. :)

37. clownluv15

hi guys,im still working on the kelloggs conversion.ive got the seam at the dome filled and sanded smooth,i have the inside reinforced,the ears are glued and sanded,so far all i have to do is enlarge the teeth and drill out the vent grooves on the side and screen them out.Theres only one part that i just CANT get to look right,or just work at all,its the "fin"at the top of the dome.I tried using the templates,but they arent high enough,and the curve doesent fit the shape very well.No matter what i do,either the fin wont stay together,one side is too short even though i triple checked,or the whole thing is lopsided,could someone please help?

38. WhiteCommando

WhiteCommando Well-Known Member

I have this at my house...

[​IMG]

39. dcc_clone

dcc_clone Active Member

this is one my brother moded a couple of years ago. he did a nice job on it and i want to improve upon it and try and make it more accurate

next to it is a clone 6 i am trying to mod for fun.

at my photobucket i have a back view of the two and an actual picture of a clone6 with the magnetic ring.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/Hip...=view¤t=e23.jpg

40. itookadooku

itookadooku New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteCommando @ Dec 12 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]1376456[/snapback]</div>
    Is that a Javamonkey Ep2?

41. Spoox

Spoox Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteCommando @ Dec 12 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1376456[/snapback]</div>
    Whoa that one looks awesome. Who is the maker? I am still trying to find the perfect helmet for my clone. My dream would be a KAW one, curently on the big auction site. Too bad my Keller project has to come first hehe.

42. lesternessman

lesternessman Well-Known Member

that does look cool...My shelves could use one of those.