The Most Accurate 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver???

Underworld54

Is there one you guys could recommend to me either on this site or on any internet store sites? I just got back into Doctor Who after a many year hiatus and I just love the new series. I'd like get a few props.

Is there one you guys could recommend to me either on this site or on any internet store sites? I just got back into Doctor Who after a many year hiatus and I just love the new series. I'd like get a few props.

For the moment, I'm going to suggest the Character Options toy.
As of now, no higher end versions exist and the version that IS an actual screwdriver doesn't open (and honestly, looks cheaper than the toy).

Qmx is the company that has the license from BBC and they have stated that they will be releasing a very accurate replica in the future.

Just out of curiosity, are we pretending that MFX and CT don't exist? While the character options one is currently in production, I hardly think it's fair to call it the only game in town.

I believe one of each is available in the junkyard right now.

Just out of curiosity, are we pretending that MFX and CT don't exist? While the character options one is currently in production, I hardly think it's fair to call it the only game in town.

I believe one of each is available in the junkyard right now.

Neither of these companies have produced the 11th Doctor's Sonic I'm afraid.

Wow. Just wow.

A few disjointed observations:

4k is one hell of a lot. But if I had it to spare, I'd gladly pay it for a Sonic made my Nick himself. It's not the kind of offer one finds every day.

QMx is finally selling a Sonic...or at least taking the dreaded pre-order...but they still haven't actually MADE a Sonic to sell.

Here it is. The most accurate 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver.
For the incredibly low price of $3,999.95 .....

Is there really a market for a $4000 sonic screwdriver? I'm sorry QMx, but I think that price is insane!

https://store.qmxonline.com/11th-Doctors-Sonic-Screwdriver--Artisan-Master-Series_p_163.html

facepalming_bw1jjotq.gif

I can only see that prop going up in value at some future date, If I had to make a prop similar to that of Matt Smith’s sonic, I would think that it would cost close to that to manufacture, and that’s just for one sonic only, and we are only talking 25 units, and made by the man him self.

And I quote from Qmx site

“Each 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver – Artisan Master Series comes with a custom-built, lighted display stand that features text in the language of Gallifrey, Doctor Who's home planet. The stand lists the edition number and is signed by Nick Robatto. The sonic and stand come packaged in a handmade wooden chest that features the Doctor Who logo”.

Members, you asked for the most screen accurate Sonic, and here it is, yes may have to sell a kidney to get one, but, you do have two. Or you could just go to the bank, like you would do to purchase that car, that you don't need to impress that family up the road that you don't like.

As a manufacture, not of props, but of mechanical equipment, I do see the value in that Matt Smith Sonic.

If you can wait a while I know that CT is working on a Matt Smith sonic but he's trying to work out the "kinks" in the design to make it more reliable.
I can vouch for his work, it's of a very high standard and you won't be dissapointed.

why would it be so hard and expensive to make this prop?
Take apart the toy version ,Remake all part in metal, leather and such and then fit the toy light and sound card inside it.

If the toy is anything like the Tennant sonic it's usually bigger the actual prop and all the parts are usually hollow so plenty of places to add stuff such as electronics, I can only assume that in making it from metal there would be less room and other factors to consider when designing it... dunno really :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back