"The Monkees" lead singer Davy Jones dies

OMG! So sad. Saw him in concert a couple of times in the past few years. He was still a great performer. This is one time I don't want to be a Daydream Believer. RIP, one of Manchester's cutest, you'll be missed.

Shylaah

Only 66! How awful for him.

Loved The Monkees when I was a kid. Considering they were a band slapped together for a TV show, they had some good pop songs back in the day.

Met Mickey Dolenz a few years ago at a con, and he was a sweatheart.

I wonder if this is part of why they canceled the tour they were on abruptly. They said internal tensions but maybe he was sick.

He used to live near to me and my best mate went out with his daughter for a while. He used to drink in the same pub as I did. He used to ride his horse down to the pub due to losing his driving licence for drink driving. One day his horse returned home without him, after a search he was found in a ditch where he fell off after a session. Very sorry to hear the news, always liked their music. RIP

I was just reading the other day, that on the Beatles first Ed Sullivan appearance, there was another singer. Davy Jones sang a song from Olivier.
And a few years later he got a job as a fake beatle.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back