The minority Women of Predator films

JehdinThwei

I absolutely love every woman in the Predator franchise. Predator Women rule.

I'm just curious why the roles have all been played by minority women. Does it have to do with the more exotic "feel"? I don't think it has to do with the setting as it did in P1. The AVP movies and Predators could have been any female.

There have been:

Predator:
Anna played by Elpidia Carrillo

elpidia.gif.png

Predator 2:
Leona played by Maria Conchita Alonso

mariae.jpg.png

Alien Versus Predator:
Alexa played by Sanaa Lathan

sanaaz.jpg.png

Alien Versus Predator Requiem :
Kelly played by Reiko Aylesworth (Japanese decent)

reikoh.jpg.png

Predators:
Isabelle played by Alice Braga

isabelle.jpg.png

To reiterate, I have loved them all and I do not want this to be any sort of a negative race discussion. I would love it if every single movie here on out also had Latino, Black, Asian, or other ethnic and beautiful women.

I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are as to why it has been this way throughout five films.
They all lived until the end whether they were armed or not (which I also dig. Nobody wants to see a beauty impaled.... at least not by a weapon ;) ) and the minority men have not been so lucky.
Also allow me to say that globally they are not considered a minority. Caucasians probably are the least populous of race. But in the US where the production bases are, these women are all considered "minorities".

Hopefully this can be an intelligent discussion without any ugliness. To me, we're all in the same tribe anyway. But every time I watch one of these films I realize why they chose intelligent, beautiful, strong women....but wonder why none of them have been Caucasian.

Thoughts?

Actually most latino yes.But I thought kelly from Requim was American but yeah 3 of the 5 are latino but to me as long as the charecter works I'm ok with it.

Actually most latino yes.But I thought kelly from Requim was American but yeah 3 of the 5 are latino but to me as long as the charecter works I'm ok with it.

Yup. I stand corrected, she is not Latino. "Aylesworth was born in Evanston, Illinois and is of Japanese, Dutch, and Welsh ancestry"

First post edited.

Ricks girlfriend(AVPR) was white, but her lower half was practically hanging to her upper torso by an inch of skin after getting stuck to the wall with Wolf's monster shuriken.

I had the hots for "Anna" when I first say Predator, those hots have been replaced by Isabelle. What branch of military was she from?

the only girl I have a problem with is Maria conchita alonso.she can't act for **** even if her life depended on it.I don't know who she had to screw to get that role but by getting that role she screwed everysingle scene she came out by overacting it .never been a fan of her acting. have nothing against the woman but her acting skills.
she also sucks in the runing man. and has anyone heard her sing? WTF!!

Predator 1 and 2 are obvious. It wouldn't make sense for any other race to play those roles.
AVP had a white and black chick.
AVPR's Reiko Aylesworth is 1/4 Japanese, 3/4 European aka white. Also a secondary female character was also white.
Predators already had Adrian as a American bad ass and to be truthful we America doesnt really have any badass female military or tactical figures. So they went with the biggest military branch that does have bad ass women, the Israeli Defense Force.

I had the hots for "Anna" when I first say Predator, those hots have been replaced by Isabelle. What branch of military was she from?
I still love Conchita though... The part where she grabs the lone rangers balls and the following part with Danny just made me giggle (and I'm a guy)

Yeah, but Garo you got to realize, she would look bad ass while dying. She always looks bad ass. LOL. Cant say a lot of girls can do that.

edit: Sigourney could as well.. Hey I mean she looked bad ass jumping in a vat of molten lead in Alien 3

The reason I think it works for having a smaller amount of the Fairer sex in the Predator (& AVP movies) is because it would be a total sausage fest with all the Predators & the testosterone filled men in the film. Anna had a small part in P1, it was important, but she was able to make it work. But with Alice Braga & Reiko Aylesworth taking Front & Center as combat oriented Soldiers it takes the realm of a previously male-dominated genre in a new direction - Making both sexes equal targets & equally as likely to take down the 7'8 Dreaded-up Hunter.

Besides let's face it, if we've gotta watch scenes that set-up the plot & aren't focused on the Pred, atleast we get to see some good looking Women, I'd get tired of seeing all dudes showing off their over-sized guns & egos.

I dont know why they chose them for the films. But I think they were all great actors, and honestly, I cant think of anyone else who could have played better roles.
I agree with gam3rgodproductions and Garo Predator, Michelle Rodriguez would be great in these films, one of my favourite actors, she is an idol to me.

I dont know why they chose them for the films. But I think they were all great actors, and honestly, I cant think of anyone else who could have played better roles.
I agree with gam3rgodproductions and Garo Predator, Michelle Rodriguez would be great in these films, one of my favourite actors, she is an idol to me.

Yeah, looks like a great fit. ... Look, she already is wearing some gear

michellerodriguezavatar.jpg.png

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back