The Mercury Men: anyone?

Jonny B

Has anyone done anything from this? I know it's not huge or anything, but I found it entertaining, mainly because I'm a big Sci-Fi Classics buff. My Dad loved it too, and he used to go pay a nickel to watch "Flash Gorden" at the theaters!
Here's a link to watch it: The Mercury Men - Full Episodes and Clips streaming online - Hulu
It's free, no pirate site or anything...

I did a quick gun from it and am looking for more of the main characters outfit, I'll post up some pictures later :)

Yep. I posted a thread about it earlier this summer when it was first being run an episode per day on Syfy.com.

I also had made the pistol out of a Colt Python .357 magnum squirtgun and have gotten the Colt Python .357 airsoft replica used in the show to modify later into the prop. The exact jacket is a bit tougher to find even though it's just a brown motorcycle jacket, and there are some jackets on the internet that are a rather close match. I think I did find a match to the driver's gloves the character had, too. Overall, it's a simple costume to put together, but it did look cool in black and white.

Last edited:
Just watched episode 1. Great stuff! Thanks for the headsup on this show. Very cool. Post some pics of the guns you finished. Nice!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back