The Matrix 4!

The only thing I even know about this is just from the trailers, which basically says something is different this time.
But,.....probably going to have to stay away from this thread for now until I can see this.

That was rough. I don’t think I can watch it again. Ever. I was so amped and ready for another chapter of The Matrix, but for me this movie felt like it was defibrillated and kept on life support the whole way through.

That was rough. I don’t think I can watch it again. Ever. I was so amped and ready for another chapter of The Matrix, but for me this movie felt like it was defibrillated and kept on life support the whole way through.
Had no idea it was already out

I just saw the trailer in front of spiderman the this weekend, kind of shocked it’s out already lol

I watched the first matrix yesterday (still enjoyable) I started reloaded today and it's falling flat. I might try watching the new one this week but I don't know if I have the stomach to watch #3 again.
I'm interested in the new one as a curiosity, it can't damage the story anymore than #3 did.

I was looking forward to this. What a disappointment. They should've named this The Matrix Rehash. It's actually far worse than Reloaded and Revolutions. There's really no reason to care about the characters without already being invested in them from the previous films and the new ones are lackluster. The acting was horrendous (especially Morpheus), writing & dialogue are laughably bad, plot is just dumb/overly predictable and the attempts at humor fall flat. The visuals and effects are done well though.

If you're dead set on seeing this and have HBO I wouldn't waste money on tickets.

I went with my son today, we lasted an hour and a half then walked out, what a waste,

I was looking forward to this. What a disappointment. They should've named this The Matrix Rehash. It's actually far worse than Reloaded and Revolutions. There's really no reason to care about the characters without already being invested in them from the previous films and the new ones are lackluster. The acting was horrendous (especially Morpheus), writing & dialogue are laughably bad, plot is just dumb/overly predictable and the attempts at humor fall flat. The visuals and effects are done well though.

If you're dead set on seeing this and have HBO I wouldn't waste money on tickets.

Thankfully, I haven't watched it.

I was once warned not to watch "2 girls 1 cup." I watched it and everyone was right. I will not make that mistake again.

So I do appreciate there are some offenses which can't be unseen.
This movie is sounding like one of those cases.

I promise to dodge this giant turd resting in my path. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Last edited:
So for those who have seen it, I'm facing a dilemma:
Matrix 4 or Star Wars Holiday special... opinions?
as-you-adequately-put-the-problem-is-choice.jpg

Reviews I've seen online are so polar opposite on this one...

I'm getting the vibe from online reviews that this is Rian Johnson TLJ level "WTH did I just watch? Is it somehow brilliant and over my head, or just a craptastic failure?"

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but i thought it was bad, just a bad premise, i can't say more without spoiling, i'm usually easily pleased with sequels and reboots, but this totally missed the mark, i've seen some other people enjoyed it, but for me the original movie was a benchmark, this new one just totally missed it by far

Just my opinion, but i thought it was bad, just a bad premise, i can't say more without spoiling, i'm usually easily pleased with sequels and reboots, but this totally missed the mark, i've seen some other people enjoyed it, but for me the original movie was a benchmark, this new one just totally missed it by far
You've seen other people enjoy it? Are you able to tell what it is they might have enjoyed?

Boy, I was actually looking to see this. The trailer kinda sold me on the idea that there was something clever to this rehashing-old-ideas stuff, like it was an intentional and integral to the next phase of the Matrix and machines itself.

My wife had never seen the original film. So we watched the first movie, then the new one. Wow! What a difference. The first film is such a classic. Even the second and third, which most people hate, for me at least feel like an extension of the first and have an arch that fits together. This one felt like fan fiction. While watching it, I felt an unreal quality to it--akin to how I felt when I saw Highlander: The source. Like, is this really the film I've been waiting for, or is it an off brand copy? Ugh

I liked it, it felt both nostalgic and new at the same time, it felt like a clever way of doing a sequel and reboot without doing a reboot. And for me at least it made you question the previous movies like the characters were questioning what actually happened or not.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back