The Marvel custom/redesign Thread

Non-update update, to keep this thread on the radar. ;) I love living in this city. Spent a few hours up at Seattle Fabrics recently to do some on-the-ground comparison of colors and get good ideas of weights and weaves. I've now got a bunch of cordura for several costumes I have front-burnered right now, and also set weights and colors for my thread-relevant Cyclops, Guardian, and Team X Maverick. And the colors they don't have, since I now know the weights/weaves I like for what, I can order color swatches from elsewhere. As soon as I can get to a cooperative scanner, I'll post pics of my rough layout sketches.

Judgement call on Cyclops. I know it'll be tricky without drawings, but I'm treating it as a desert tan substrate with the dark blue over that for the reinforced areas. I'm bringing the tops of the thighs up to make the "trunks" more of a "speedo", if you will, with a desert tan-painted piece of groin armor attached to the belt, to echo similar pieces and desert tan substrate showing above the boots at the knees, as well. I think it'll work, but I'm trying to figure out how to break up the upper body similarly without straying too far from the mostly-blue look of the original source. Conformal shoulder plates and joints? Elbows? And, more fiddly than that, is how to break up the solid look of the torso without getting too "busy".

--Jonah

I've been absent for ages! But here's my custom Deadpool (I know, another 'pool isn't very original). I'm REALLY happy with how it came out! Lots of screaming at the sewing machine on this one!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Damn, here's the pic! uploadfromtaptalk1445105654645.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have recently decided to start a Daredevil redesign. I am basing it on the Netflix show as well as the original comic book look.
20160223_205438.jpg20160223_205332.jpg20160223_205328.jpg20160223_205438.jpg20160223_205332.jpg20160223_205328.jpg

So do I, but I'm making a mark 3 suit, where I wear sweatpants instead of jeans and the pants will be tucked into the socks, and I will have a divisible pvc pipe staff

captain concept.png

Here is my Captain America redesign I'll be using for a Cap costume I'll be making for a friend. I made it off a pixel template thing, I've done every side of the costume but I still need to work some things out. It's supposed to be a modern 'movie-style' costume, but I wanted to make it my own, staying true to the original designs but bringing my own thing. I still don't knowwhat I'll do for boots and gauntlets, tho. Will also be doing the belt and the shield harness.

Oh, please no. I can't be compared with him. He is the awesome Spiderman, not I. Also, I have a theory about Spiderman for Civil War. What if Spiderman had a small part in the alien invasion of New York City, and thats why I made that suit. To show what spidey might have worn
That was a close one, Tom. He almost caught you!

Seriously though, I like that theory. Would've been cool to have seen how Spider-Man dealt with the events of the other MCU movies prior to Civil War (I can just see an 8 year-old Peter Parker being blown away that there's a super smart guy out there that's also a robot man that fights evil).

Ha lol! Also been trying to make a final design for my new redesign... the Streetwise Spider-Man! This redesign is what he would be if his webs weren't able to support his weight and he used a motorcycle for transport!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back