The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Blaster reference thread

Those are the slide serrations, for racking the slide to chamber a round. Works good as some sort of heat dispersal componet on a raygun too. :lol:

David.
Yeah I'm a total noob when it comes to guns and the names of its components... LOL

So It begins...

I took a model of a P38 Walther from Grabcad (credit goes to Teruteru) as reference since I will be using either a Denix or an airsoft for the main gun.

here are the screens again with the preliminary model on the side
1589298278536.png
1589298318517.png

1589298337716.png
1589298353920.png

It seems that they modified the hammer and the barrel too in order to fit the new barrel.

Still lots of work to do.

Looking good.

I tried to locate that grip cover they have stuck on there in the Disney Gallery photo I posted because I think it really adds to the look (and presumably thickens it up for larger hands) but no luck. Do you think that is an off-the-shelf item or they molded it on at the prop shop?

SUPER long time lurker but only just joined. More of a reader than a talker on most forums. Been getting into SW prop gun building and this one really interested me.

For the grips, I wonder if they are a contoured laser site grip that has been repurposed? I can’t quite find any that look just like it but there are some similar.

Same here I been searching all over for the grips... I think ill print them and glue, but Im still on the hunt for the grips.

So, as far as finding the real world part that was used, remember that on Mandalorian props, you just might not be able to. In the Disney Gallery episode that handles practical effects (I think) the guy who designed a lot of the hand guns went through his process. He drew/designed them all on paper/computer, then fabricated. He didn't sit down with found parts and rented guns like the original star wars movies. So whenever he 3D printed a prop

Thats a great shot, not only for the blaster but other stuff like the puck and the comlink. Thanks.

So, as far as finding the real world part that was used, remember that on Mandalorian props, you just might not be able to. In the Disney Gallery episode that handles practical effects (I think) the guy who designed a lot of the hand guns went through his process. He drew/designed them all on paper/computer, then fabricated. He didn't sit down with found parts and rented guns like the original star wars movies. So whenever he 3D printed a prop

Yes and no-- he definitely didi a lot of fabrication based on his own designs, but he also was looking at real guns and OT props as well, and the intent was to build on real guns. We've ID several already, including Mando's side arm.

Yes. He based them on real world guns, but that doesn't mean the props are actually built around real world one-to-one replicas. He also isn't necessarily using thing like real world grips and add one.

For example, the Bergman is what Mando's side arm is based on, but the Mando pistol had different external dimensions to the frame, missing greeblies, etc. It's based on the Bergman, not built around one.

The idea that the guns in Mandalorian have real world found items to go hunt up and use is way less likely than any other series.

The only reason they didn't use an actual Bergman is that they're extremely rare. Not so with the Walther P-38 for Moff Gideon's gun - I'd bet any amount of money that they used an airsoft or other replica.

Yeah, airsofts seems most likely to me. With all other ways they are going for authenticity with the show, I feel like they wouldn't rely solely on 3D printed/fabricated parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back