The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Blaster reference thread

guabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Following Halliwax 's footsteps on the DarkSaber thread: The Mandalorian: DarkSaber reference thread

I'm hoping I can get some help ID'ing the base pistol used for Moff Gideon's blaster? Same as with the DarkSaber very little is scene on screen and Im hoping we can get more out of the Disney Gallery Series.

So far these screens is all I have:
IMG_2956.JPG

IMG_2958.JPG

pistol.jpg

I'm guessing something similar to a P-38 Walther?

Thanks.

Perhaps a p38 with custom made grips? I'm looking at modern p38's and the overall shape and profile looks right to me, it just has unique detailing.

WALTHER-P38.......jpg

Okay, having looked at the clearer photo I've come to the conclusion it's a Bersa Thunder .380.

VkOFNy6.jpg

The only thing off is the rear sight on the Bersa seems adjustable for windage but Gideon's blaster isn't.

Edit: Firestorm, not Thunder. This is absolutely it. Has to be.

yiQIhpj.png

Edited edit: Could also be the Thunder, but the Combat Plus model. Fixed rear sights are the same.

fuHx77i.png

Last edited:
and they made new grips for it then? I mean the top side and the screw location is spot on but the grip is totaly different.

They would need to have grips that don't have the Firestorm name on it. Gonna poke around see if I can find aftermarket grips that look like that.

As an aside, the gloves look like armored paintball gloves, in case they haven't already been identified...

J6qi7Qa.jpg

They would need to have grips that don't have the Firestorm name on it. Gonna poke around see if I can find aftermarket grips that look like that.

As an aside, the gloves look like armored paintball gloves, in case they haven't already been identified...
Thanks a lot

Yes, I already have the gloves, though the ones you show are a bit nicer, mine are all cloth on the inside... but identical everywhere else.

I still think the correct one is Walther P-38 AC42 (short or long barrel)

WaltherP-38 ac42 01.jpg
WaltherP-38 ac42 02.jpg
Walther-P-38-AC42-9mm-Semi-Pistol-w-One-Magazine_101100462_103248_0DD8459E02F3EA91.jpg

Here are the things that I believe are evidence.

1. Green arrow points at a bellow surface dimple not a screw
2 yellow circles surround the ribs of the grip, and these have covers on top and this is why the dimple looks hidden
3. green key shows the ridges are near the back sight
4 red arrow shows the hammer pin (whatever this is called

WaltherP-38 ac42 03.jpg

And last but not least from another pic, this shows the top of the grip and it looks identical to the second picture
WaltherP-38 ac42 04.jpg

Well anyways the AC44 looks almost identical to the 42 for that matter.. so I guess both should work.

Last edited:
Good eye!

I thought for sure it was the Bersa, but like Halliwax said it's tiny in comparison.

It's too bad props such as this get so little screen time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back