The Mandalorian- Cara Dune's Gloves- Knuckle Protectors Found Item

KitSmasher

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I haven't seen any threads dedicated to Cara Dune or else I would have posted in there. My wife has decided she wants to do a Cara Dune cosplay for Star Wars Celebration later this year (fingers crossed)

I started to research the parts, and saw everyone was 3D printing (or buying crappy 3D prints of) the knuckle protectors and vents for Cara Dune's gloves. I figured (based on a number of factors) that they were likely found parts.

This is a photo of the real gloves. Photo found on Google Images- I believe it was from when the costume was on display at the D23 expo last summer.

2020-01-21 11_52_10-Window.png

So I googled "knuckle protector gloves" and after about 10 minutes of scrolling image search- I landed on these:

61AnsvLhflL._SX425_.jpg

These are the cheapest of cheap gloves, :D I found them on eBay for about 6$ US a pair. I ordered, and received them last week- it took about a month. Frankly, I'm not surprised with everything going on.

IMG-1316.jpg

I ordered gray- they come in a range of colors. Now I just have to find the base gloves, or something close. Anyway, that's what I got. Good luck!

The base gloves are a basic pair of black leather gloves with three stitched lines going down the back of the hand with a longer wrist/ forearm section.

There’s a Cara Dune costuming Facebook group that has a ton of really good reference material as well as some insights from a crew member on the show regarding hair styling, pants, colors and other things! My fiancé and I are also doing a Mando/ Cara for celebration this year and found a lot of info there!

Good luck with your build!

You might try hitting a military surplus store if you have one locally. I've seen some military tactical gloves at my local store that look very similar to those gloves (though not exactly the same).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back