Limited Run The Mandalorian Blaster, screen accurate (TWO LEFT before)

I picked up an Adafruit wav trigger that I’m going to try and fit in mine when I get it.
I just looked up that board (assuming we're looking at the same one) and it will probably not fit easily. Compared to lot of other boards, it's pretty large at 6cmX6cm and I don't think there's a space that big anywhere in the blaster unless you really gut it, cut into the barrel to open it up or come up with some other solution.

I just looked up that board (assuming we're looking at the same one) and it will probably not fit easily. Compared to lot of other boards, it's pretty large at 6cmX6cm and I don't think there's a space that big anywhere in the blaster unless you really gut it, cut into the barrel to open it up or come up with some other solution.

Different board this one is 4cm by 2 cm ish. Sorry not intending to derail thread with my none sense ;-)

Parts are beginning to pile up!

In other news, looks like the resin calculations I've been getting from the software might be off by 10-20% (i.e. the machine is using more than indicated) This means that the cost of making these (and all other resin prints) in the near future might have to go up- especially once I start using the new machine, which has more expensive consumables. (You'd think that costs of resin printing would actually decrease... but it doesn't seem to be, at least on the high-end level. And my mail goal is tu just break even, spreading out over multiple projects- i.e. one build makes up for another that is just a money sink)

Last edited:
It's late here... will post more photos (and another build update) tomorrow!

Attachments

• close_01.jpg
    close_01.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 178
Parts are beginning to pile up!
...the cost of making these (and all other resin prints) in the near future might have to go up- especially once I start using the new machine, which has more expensive consumables. ...

What new machine have you purchased? I just took delivery of a Form3 and it's producing spectacular prints.

Thanks guys! For once, I'm pretty happy with a build instead of grumbling over lots of small imperfections like I usually do!

What new machine have you purchased? I just took delivery of a Form3 and it's producing spectacular prints.
It's a Form 3, and from what I've seen, folks are getting mixed results. I've had it for a while but it's still sitting unpacked because it was kinda released in a "beta" status. I've done some calculations recently and when you take everything into account... resin ($250-300-ish per liter... 2-3X the cost of some others, but worth it, because it's less toxic and more stable than other makes )... alcohol, parts wear (laser, tray, plate) to keep things running 100%... even all the paper towels and stuff... well, it's not a cheap hobby to have! (On the other hand, styrene sheet isn't that cheap either here, so...)

Yeah I hear you on the costs and the "beta" state of the printer. I went into it with open eyes so I'm pretty happy - hopefully more features will be released as things mature but right now I'm doing a lot of printing of miniatures for gaming and small parts for projects - it's DESTROYING my Ultimaker 3 at small bits in terms of finished product quality. Got to love that the resin doesn't stink up my house as well unlike some other resin printers.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase, I won't distract from the subject of this discussion further.

it's DESTROYING my Ultimaker 3 at small bits in terms of finished product quality. Got to love that the resin doesn't stink up my house as well unlike some other resin printers.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase, I won't distract from the subject of this discussion further.

Oh, the FDM has nothing on a Formlabs (or any less expensive resin printer for that matter) when it comes to detail. I've heard though, that the F3 stinks a LOT due to the fans inside, compared to the F2. Been a bit anxious about that.

By the way.. I should mention to everyone that I might be interested in TRADING one of these kits for accurate Mando leather parts (straps, holster, and so on).

framed if you're seeing this, please check your PMs and get back to me ASAP! You asked for e-mail info so that you could arrange payment and I sent it to you a while back, but just sent another message just in case.

DeweySkywalker Please get back to me ASAP. You were one of the first to commit to the run, but I have not heard back despite several messages, and you've been on-site regularly. Letting you know here in case you're not getting PM notices or something.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back