Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Some photo reference for people doing their own installs

1656196614534.png

1656196702660.png

1656196797387.png

Hi y’all.
My current fully installed setup is up for sale.
Installed with CFX and comes with blade.

If you missed out on this run and would like to get the whole thing no fuss. Send me a DM.

This is the prototype and is weathered.

I am currently still working on the blades, there has been some delays with the 3D printing of the blade stem and it’s pushing my schedule back and now it’s overlapping with our move. So I’m juggling quite a lot at the moment so bare with me.

13330357-88A2-4770-B21F-83DA48BF0DCC.jpeg

Any update on the blades?
I have the same question, but while I was waiting I was hoping to get some answers on the chassis. I received the file from Shadowfoil, and was excited to begin. I looked at the Shapeways shop for a quick guide on the parts. Found it and continued. I was fortunate I had a lot of the parts already. What I could not find was the setup guide on how the blade and chassis will meet. Still, knowing the blades are not in the mail I thought I would have time to find out. What surprised me was the chassis. Is the file specifically designed for a certain extrusion and material? I printed in resin (with lots of sanding), and FDM to only find out that a 18650 will not fit in the formats I used. Will, there be instructions on assembly; and the connection for the blade to the chassis? Lastly, I hope an announcement will be made with a timeline for the blades?

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 89
I have the same question, but while I was waiting I was hoping to get some answers on the chassis. I received the file from Shadowfoil, and was excited to begin. I looked at the Shapeways shop for a quick guide on the parts. Found it and continued. I was fortunate I had a lot of the parts already. What I could not find was the setup guide on how the blade and chassis will meet. Still, knowing the blades are not in the mail I thought I would have time to find out. What surprised me was the chassis. Is the file specifically designed for a certain extrusion and material? I printed in resin (with lots of sanding), and FDM to only find out that a 18650 will not fit in the formats I used. Will, there be instructions on assembly; and the connection for the blade to the chassis? Lastly, I hope an announcement will be made with a timeline for the blades?
Hey there, I don’t have all the details but I can help you with some of this.

shadowfoil has attached a picture above with parts and where they go. On that it shows where the 16650 battery goes. Due to the size limitation of the inside of the hilt, we opted for a 16650 so that the chassis is stringer around the battery. Once blades are shipped the blade connection should be as straight forward as installing the pcb into the top of the hilt. It’s just a normal 1” blade pcb squeezed into a small rectangle.

As for blade timeline I have no info. I’m sure once The Saber Trade has a definitive timeline he will share it. He seems very busy at the moment, and I don’t mind waiting for the best darksaber blade on the market.:)

Hope this is of help!

Thanks,
Malibu

Here is a cross section to show how the blade/chassis mate up

1656465122904.png

The chassis is designed with SLS Nylon printing in mind, but tolerances on resin should be similar, just more fragile. FDM is possible but may require some post processing. The chassis only accepts a 16650 battery as there was limited space inside and 18650 would not clear the hilt inner diameter with room for wires around it.

I'm letting go of my Darksaber hilt if anyone's still looking to get their hands on one. Haven't been able to have anything done to it so it's just collecting dust.

In early August I noticed shipping information on my paypal. The information was bogus. I contacted theSabertrader to see what was up. I was promised that it would be updated and the blade would be sent out. While this is not the first broken promise I’m thinking it should be the last. Weeks have passed and at this point I’m thinking I should do a PayPal claim for the blade portion and sell my hilt and chassis. I do understand that some runs take longer than planned and life happens. Still, my confidence for a blade has hit a low.

In early August I noticed shipping information on my paypal. The information was bogus. I contacted theSabertrader to see what was up. I was promised that it would be updated and the blade would be sent out. While this is not the first broken promise I’m thinking it should be the last. Weeks have passed and at this point I’m thinking I should do a PayPal claim for the blade portion and sell my hilt and chassis. I do understand that some runs take longer than planned and life happens. Still, my confidence for a blade has hit a low.
Hey bud and fellow participants, your feelings are understandable, and I totally accept the blame for a lack on communication here. My presence in theRPF isn’t as much as it is on my other media accounts. I’ll work hard on increasing my presence for the future.

A general update as well as an update on the blades has been posted on my FB page weeks ago. If you want to dive down into the details I suggest giving me a follow there or on Instagram.
But yes unfortunately the shipping for the handmade blades for this run underwent a significant delay. Long story short-ish. The shipping of the blades was all supposed to happen during the week before we had to pack up the whole house, shop and family and move across town (at the beginning of July).

At that exact same time, I come down with bad bout of Covid and was out of commission for almost 2 weeks, the recovery was agonizingly slow and I hate to say it, I just didn’t have the energy to hardly get out of bed during this critical moment, it sucked and this caused a domino effect of issues. I had to pack up everything and wait until after the move, whats more, at the exact same time our parents house catches fire from a random stray Firework leaving them homeless and in desperate need of family support. During this tragic time their well being took priority. This wasn’t the end of our troubles, our new home and my workshop ended up being infested and needing bombed. We were effectively displaced for weeks while treatments were conducted. After a good deal of effort we are successfully settled in for the most part and the shop is up and running at full speed.

Again I greatly apologize for not updating the forum in a timely manner, I honestly just slacked off and felt like my other updates on my official pages would be enough but I realize I need to treat this forum as it’s own entity. . That was my fault, but what’s more, it was my fault in furthering the delay AFTER getting the move. The simple fact is that the return address was now different and it was too late to refund over $300 worth of shipping labels. To put it plainly I’m eating the loss and shipping labels are being totally reprinter on my own dollar. This would explain the “bogus” initial tracking label. It’s been voided by the post office.

I’m sure many of you have already seen a new shipping update for the original invoice, this UPS tracking number is your new number, please disregard the old one. As of last month more than half of the blades have been tested, packed and sent out. If you haven’t gotten one yet, it’s coming, I honesty just have to wait for next pay cycle to get the rest out.. oops :(

Again, very sorry for the wait, I hope you can understand the dilemma, life can be a real trip sometimes.
I promise these will be satisfactory and well worth the wait.
-Devin
TheSaberTrade

2490937A-BF46-4D86-897D-9424931996C7.jpeg

846E6544-8070-4170-8EC5-5E45B8F50346.jpeg

PS: BLADES ARE MARKED WITH PINK INK TO INDICATE WHICH SIDE IS THE POSITIVE. MIDDLE WILL BE DATA AND REMAINDER WILL BE GROUND. JUST NEED TO MAKE SURE THE HILT SIDE PCB IS WIRED UP WITH THE SAME ADJACENT FACING CONTACTS.

LED STRIP ONLY GOES IN ONE WAY, FACING ONE DIRECTION, IF REMOVING LED STRIP PLEASE USE CAUTION.

CAREFULLY PRY OUT PCB WITH A HEX KEY, BEING MINDFUL TO BE DELICATE. THE MAIN POWER LEAD WIRES ARE THICK AND SOLDERED PERPENDICULAR TO THE CONTACT PADS AND COULD BREAK OFF IF YOU ARE TOO ROUGH. MIND YOU SHOULD NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE STRIP FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN TO REFURBISH OR REPLACE A DAMAGED STRIP.

DO NOT STORE BLADES IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT OR A HOT CAR FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. EXTREME TEMPS MAY CAUSE WARPING!

BLADES COME INSTALLED WITH
RGBW SK6812 LED STRIP, THESE SPECIAL STRIPS WITH THEIR INDEPENDENT WHITE DIODE CAN ONLY BE RAN PROPERLY BY CHANGING CHANNELS TO “4” ON CFX AND INCLUDING THE 4th COLOR CODE.

ON PROFFIE RGB LABEL SIMPLY NEEDS TO BE CHANGED TO RGBW AND IT’LL WORK.

AND FINALLY, ONCE AGAIN, THESE BLADES ARE LIGHTWEIGHT AND FLEXIBLE, A JOY TO SPIN AROUND. BUT THESE STEMS ARE SIMPLY 3D PRINTED PLA+ WITH THIN WALLS AND THE BLADE IS NOT INDESTRUCTIBLE. PLEASE NO DUELING OR HARD CONTACT! NOT ONLY CAN YOU DAMAGED YOUR BLADE BUT THEY ARE ALSO BONE SHATTERING PAINFUL IF STRUCK BY THE EDGE.

IN THE EVENT OF DAMAGE, BLADES CAN BE SENT IN AND REFURBISHED OR OUTRIGHT REPLACED FOR A FEE. THE HEAVY DUTY DECALS CAN ALSO BE STRIPED AND REPLACED WITH A FRESH SET IN THE EVENT OF DAMAGE.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, YOU CAN MESSAGE ME HERE BUT I AM FASTER ON FACEBOOK.

-Devin
TheSaberTrade

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back