Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update for today.
We are adding the final accuracy touches to our hilt as we get closer to anodizing. We have added the last detail needed so that our hilt can be as accurate as possible. We have also just finished some 3d modeling to assist the anodizing shop in getting the two-tone effect. We believe it is going to have enough contrast to be noticeable but not at the expense of accuracy. Here is a picture of the quick change we were able to get programmed and cut in a day with the capabilities of a 5-axis machine.

darksabrbottomeholehead.jpg

We will update here as soon as we get our anodizing samples back. Once we decide on the proper finish, we will give the anodizing shop the first batch of 25 which is estimated to take two weeks. After that we should be ready to ship!

We will post pictures as we get them!

Thanks again,
Malibu

B05E18C0-2559-4E6E-80A5-D0FF664C44B4.jpeg
F5EAA160-334D-4DD4-B821-08F228938211.jpeg
F5DE23C5-B03D-4642-B8BB-18577FAFB87F.jpeg
78C1E416-82CF-49C2-BE45-68783299F65B.jpeg

Here are some pictures of the anodized hilt. The overall finish is very good, but there are some minor differences between the 4 pieces of the hilt.

The head & crossguard was lightly etched and anodized black.
The middle grip is just anodized black with no surface prep.
The most interesting piece is the bottom grip. It was aluminum oxide blasted selectively, and anodized aluminum over that.

The bottom grip was a test on the process to get the raised grips to have contrast. We believe that it came out very well. We are going to polish all of the hilts before anodizing, and use a more abrasive aluminum oxide to make the contrast even greater. We’ve done some research and have come to the conclusion that this is the screen used process for the finish.

We would like to hear any and all feedback on the contrast of the bottom grip.

Once the anodizing is done, we will electroplate the blade inserts, and shipping should follow soon thereafter.

Thanks again for your support,
Malibu

I am no expert on this saber, so all I can say is I LOVE IT! :love: :love: (y) :eek:

Can't wait to get it.

Well done and thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Jamesfett ,glad you like it. I think its looking awesome too!
Looking, freaking, awesome! Really, nice work.
Really appreciate it skahtul ! Putting lots of effort, time and money into getting it right. Thanks for the support!
I'm so glad I got on this run!!!! Looks Amazing!
Thanks for the support B-Movie Zombie! Glad you are liking it!

Another update:
We are polishing the first 25 this week with the plan to take these to the anodizing shop later this week. Also should have the piece today that will allow the anodizers to "selectively " blast the handle below the cross guard with the more abrasive aluminum oxide. This will increase the contrast between the raised portions and the rest of the entire handle. The cross guard and emitter will be etched a little more before the anodizing process to get a little more finished look.
Once the entire handle below the cross guard is selectively blasted and anodized, the contrast will be seen on the entire handle, not just the bottom portion. Once this has been done, the piece will be as screen accurate as possible in different lighting scenarios.

Currently the blade inserts are being printed and the electroplating/finishing process is being worked out for that piece.

I feel the final shipped product will need no weathering or work to attain a more screen accurate look.
we are getting very close and will keep posting updates as they are attained.

Last edited:
Thanks Jamesfett ,glad you like it. I think its looking awesome too!

Really appreciate it skahtul ! Putting lots of effort, time and money into getting it right. Thanks for the support!

Thanks for the support B-Movie Zombie! Glad you are liking it!

Another update:
We are polishing the first 25 this week with the plan to take these to the anodizing shop later this week. Also should have the piece today that will allow the anodizers to "selectively " blast the handle below the cross guard with the more abrasive aluminum oxide. This will increase the contrast between the raised portions and the rest of the entire handle. The cross guard and emitter will be etched a little more before the anodizing process to get a little more finished look.
Once the entire handle below the cross guard is selectively blasted and anodized, the contrast will be seen on the entire handle, not just the bottom portion. Once this has been done, the piece will be as screen accurate as possible in different lighting scenarios.

Currently the blade inserts are being printed and the electroplating/finishing process is being worked out for that piece.

I feel the final shipped product will need no weathering or work to attain a more screen accurate look.
we are getting very close and will keep posting updates as they are attained.
I am beyond excited to get this thing in hand! Thanks for all the hard work to make this such an excellent run!

I am beyond excited to get this thing in hand! Thanks for all the hard work to make this such an excellent run!
Thank you maly93

Blade Update: For those purchasing blades there is an update on TheSaberTrade Facebook page. Check it out, it’s looking fantastic!

The first 25 hilts of this run will be polished and dropped at the anodizer later this week. The blade inserts are printing and their finish is being worked out. Working to get these 25 shipped out in a few weeks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back