Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Hello everyone!

We have some great information to announce to everyone! We are close to getting this show on the road.

Due to the nature and importance of this information, I would like to host three zoom meetings. This is so that you can see who you are dealing with and entrusting your money to. We will be going over price, deposits, timeframe, shipping, and general information about what's to come! I hope that anyone that is interested but not yet on the list will attend and find out some more information! After the last zoom meeting we will be posting the information discussed in the meeting on the thread, and it will be changed to a Limited Run.

Here is the zoom link: Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
Meeting ID: 819 9022 4752

The scheduled time for the zoom meetings will be Tuesday April 6th @ 8:00 PM (EST) & Thursday April 8th @ 8:30 PM (EST) & Saturday April 10th @ 6:30 PM (EST).
I will be sending out DM's to everyone on the interest list with this same link.

Thanks,

Malibu

Hello everyone,

I apologize sincerely for missing the zoom call today, I am sure many are disappointed and I wholeheartedly understand. I am not one to make excuses, but we have just lost a family member and the meeting did not cross my mind until now. I hope you guys understand. The project is still a go and will not change due to this occurrence.

The next zoom time will be Sunday April 11th @ 7:30 PM (EST). Since I missed todays meeting, I will be adding one more on Tuesday April 13th @ 8:00 PM (Est).

I apologize for the inconvenience and hope we still have your support.

Kindly,
Malibu

Last edited:
Apparently my old age has caught up to me and completely forgot about the zoom meetings..

I assume at some point you will update the main post with any info or details i missed. Looking forward to this project!

Update 4/15/2021 - Now Collecting Deposits

Hello everyone!

Its that time! This project is a go and we are ready to start taking deposits.

I want to thank everyone for their support and patience.

We decided to conduct the zooms to set a precedent of up front and straightforward communication.

Since there is a price increase we wanted to give the reasons and answer any other questions or concerns in person(virtually). Some good discussions were had and thanks to all who participated.

Our machine shop is local and specializes in smaller runs and novelty pieces.

The shop has been instrumental in the design process and will allow us to provide pictures and video updates as this run progresses. We are excited to keep it local and made in the USA.

Here are the details that we discussed in the zoom meetings over the past two weeks:

• Price is $299 plus shipping with a deposit of $200. This is due to the complexity of the design along with anodizing and electroplating.
  • Price includes: all 4 aluminum anodized hilt pieces and screws, an electroplated blade stem insert, an electroplated button plate, and a 3D printed chassis.
  • Minimum people needed for the run is 50. The first 50 people will receive a “# of 50” card.
  • All bolts are self contained (unseen) except for one bolt that holds the bottom pommel on (quick access to internal charge port)
  • Blade stem holder & button plate will be 3D SLA printed with a electroplated finish for looks
  • Once we get on the schedule with the machine shop, it will take roughly 1 1/2 - 2 months to machine. Then we have to anodize and electroplate everything.
  • The blade will cost $200-$350 from The Saber Trade depending on which version you buy. (DIY/PNP)
  • We will be releasing the 3D files of the chassis after launch, if anyone needs it.

1618589267513-jpeg.jpg

The red arrows above illustrate where the bolts will be and how they work. This is an updated render of what will be machined, but we will have more renders to come.

PAYMENT: For payment we will be using paypal. Send money to this email: haydenmgibson@hotmail.com

Send $200 for the deposit, along with your username on the rpf, address information, and any other notes. Once the product is ready to ship, we will calculate shipping on top of the $99.

I hope everyone is as excited as we are to get this darksaber made! If anyone has any questions at all, feel free to DM or comment on this post/thread!

Kind Regards,

Malibu & Slick

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back