Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Hey everyone quick update,

In regards to the recessed emitter discussion, having it recessed looks much better. With that being said we are be exploring options for changing the emitter to be recessed. Our intent is to have it screen accurate as both a stand alone prop and as an FX saber.

8.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg

These pictures of Valentine Costumes design(Patreon Here) gives you a good idea of what it will look like, minus the tweaks we are looking into.

- Malibu

Hey everybody,

Ever since Moff Gideon sliced through the tie fighter at the end of season 1, I have wanted to make a darksaber to go with my Mando build. This is an interest thread for the production of a screen accurate anodized aluminum darksaber HILT. Details below.

• Here is a proof of concept file for visuals. File by Valentine Costumes
  • We are in talks with a local machine shop that specializes in small to medium parts
  • Price projected to be $200, subject to change
  • Anodized black with silver highlights
  • Working on electronics compatibility
  • This hilt will be compatible with The Saber Trade's blades on Facebook. This will have a more screen accurate blade orientation than Hasbro
  • First run will have a deposit of $75. If successful could become multiple runs

View attachment 1381570View attachment 1381571View attachment 1381572View attachment 1381573

1. BrickMacklin
  2. Talsiri
  3. RiveDrifter
  4. jholt
  5. GreyWolf937
  6. Saranac
  7. Brodie53
  8. Aditrap
  9. tk 9464
  10. JoeG
  11. jhusel
  12. Sonic10
  13. Huyang
  14. Jhowe1997
  15. Y1313
  16. DarkLordOfSushi
  17. HighlanderFX
  18. Kalel76
  19. Bad Wolf
  20. Darth_Nickel
  21. Sanjuro
  22. bpatneaude
  23. bluecoyote
  24. PhantomPickle
  25. kursosawa
  26. Jormi
  27. Reel Fakes
  28. signeddiamond
  29. GrantROTJ
  30. SaiyanCookie
  31. Vertex
  32. Dormouse
  33. bdhbdhff
  34. B-Wing
  35. GeoffMartin3299
  36. JediJohn182
  37. Shinobi Hiro
  38. Ajkhunter
  39. mrfochs
  40. shpider
  41. B-Movie Zombie
  42. rudolpht
  43. The Sweatshop
  44. yubyub
  45. Cpl Potter
  46. Boba Flint
  47. ventuoguy
  48. Cableton
  49. ScourgiousJinx
  50. Scareglow
  51. The Game Guru
  52. lmc3
  53. Praetor
  54. Petegrfc
  55. drfreak
  56. zeroithlaw
  57. pnag
  58. Mockle

This is the Way

-Malibu & Slick

Interested!

Would personally go for CFX but will accept Proffie as well with a SaberBay blade, so I can't wait to see how this looks!
I wanted CFX but there seemed to be better profiles for the darksaber available for Proffie.

I can't wait for the results either, we have been talking with The Saber Trade about blades for our hilt. He also makes the blades for SaberBay.

Hey everyone quick update,

In regards to the recessed emitter discussion, having it recessed looks much better. With that being said we are be exploring options for changing the emitter to be recessed. Our intent is to have it screen accurate as both a stand alone prop and as an FX saber.

View attachment 1397248View attachment 1397249View attachment 1397251

These pictures of Valentine Costumes design(Patreon Here) gives you a good idea of what it will look like, minus the tweaks we are looking into.

- Malibu

I'm not entirely sure what this manufacturer is capable of and what methods and quotes they have but would offering 2 different tops be a possibility? Then when ordering people can specify which they prefer with their deposit?

Signeddiamond

I'm not entirely sure what this manufacturer is capable of and what methods and quotes they have but would offering 2 different tops be a possibility? Then when ordering people can specify which they prefer with their deposit?

Signeddiamond

Good question. We originally wanted to do two different inserts, one for display and one for the blade. But we have since decided to combine them into two for the best of both worlds while staying as accurate as possible. Hope this helps.

- Malibu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back