The Magic Roundabout Zebedee

KevinD

Sr Member
Here is my scratchbuild of Zebedee from the UK children's tv series The Magic Roundabout. I have absolutely no idea what he was meant to be, but he would bound around in episodes and tell everybody to go to bed at the end! You've got to wonder how we made it through childhood.
20210104_094331.jpg
Z3.jpg
Z2.jpg
20210104_094540.jpg

The Magic Roundabout was actually a French show originally. The BBC hired Eric Thompson, Emma Thompson's Dad, to make an English version. He famously watched the originals with the sound switched off, invented his own stories that matched the motion on-screen, and wrote his own material. It wasn't a translation at all. :)

So just putting this out there but the worst movie ever made.....Doogle....seems to have stolen this character and part of its background story. It was written and produced during one of the most severe writer's strikes in history. It only takes about 5 mibutes of viewing to see that nearly every line is stolen from pop culture icons from that time period and even cobbled together by multiple A-listers, for voiceover talent, it was still totally incohesive and forced. I had never seen the character before you posted but now it is obvious where they stole the idea from.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back