The Lost Room soap bar

don't worry about postage,if you would like to watch it pm me your address details and you can have it.;)

When my TheLostRoom.org website was the most active, I felt the same way. I almost decided to buy a quantity of the movie off of eBay and sell them at cost on my website. Since some of my customers had seen the series on TV, they might like a hard copy. But, in the end I didn't do that. And now, 14 years later, it doesn't show on TV anymore.

I just had a weird thought. This thread is called "soap bar".

A guy comes up to the bar and says to the bartender, "I'd like a DIAL with a sidecar of Irish Spring."

(it's early morning, that will probably sound less funny when I fully wake up.)

Humor is locational. True.
I like that scene in the "Blues Brothers" where they try to play the blues (music), and then realize that they're in a WESTERN bar. So, they switch to playing the theme songs to all the western TV SHOWS they know. It's a funny scene.

Does anybody have a straight on picture of the logo to room 10 or 9 even? I've been digging around and even scanning the episodes (now free on YouTube) and I can't find a good picture of one of the doors... My end goal is to make a vinyl decal that I can put on my car, and the doors with the room number are the best image of the show in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hmm.....I found one pic in my collection. Hope you can clean it up enough to help. :)

This pic was not available to the public. I got it from the prop master from the show well after the show was over.

Attachments

• MotelRoom3.jpg
    MotelRoom3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 24
Hmm.....I found one pic in my collection. Hope you can clean it up enough to help. :)

This pic was not available to the public. I got it from the prop master from the show well after the show was over.
Awesome! I was able to isolate the picture from the intro (split seconds are hard to catch on A running video) but it had words across it. I was able to catch room 9 and break down the image and re-insert the number into the outline of the sun.

Now I’m wondering if I should print the decal for room 9 instead of 10… To me room 9 means fanaticism, insanity, and a creepy copy of the original—and what would that be saying about me… I know I’m having an internal philosophical debate with myself over a decal for my car that NOBODY will ever understand from a brief glimpse of my car…

Just throwing this out there: I’ve been a fan of this show since I discovered it in 2010–still a bit crazy for it, it ebbs and flows.

Wow, I haven't really thought about props from The Lost Room in a long time! I used to be a member of The Collectors website as you were Jintosh. I just checked the collectors site and it's still alive but the traffic is pretty slow now. It even has a photo of my small collection at the time that still loads. Do you have any keys left Jintosh? I never got around to buying one back then. Blast from the past

Thanks!
Randy in San Diego

Wow, I haven't really thought about props from The Lost Room in a long time! I used to be a member of The Collectors website as you were Jintosh. I just checked the collectors site and it's still alive but the traffic is pretty slow now. It even has a photo of my small collection at the time that still loads. Do you have any keys left Jintosh? I never got around to buying one back then. Blast from the past

Thanks!
Randy in San Diego

My key provider stopped responding to emails. I have not found a new one. Shapeways is way to expensive. I thought of casting them myself, but that has not become a reality yet. The keys are in Limbo.

My key provider stopped responding to emails. I have not found a new one. Shapeways is way to expensive. I thought of casting them myself, but that has not become a reality yet. The keys are in Limbo.

Since it's been another year, have you had any luck sourcing the keys again? Got the key fob, but I still need the key to go with it.

If you have a key to copy, why not have actual keys cut at a local hardware store??

The Fictional Motel was from 1961. For the shooting of the movie, they used a very ornate key HALF for the top of key. Niessen Brothers was printed on the key, and they were a real company in the 50's and 60's but went out of business. And in the show, the key opens ANY door as it's supernatural property. But that meant every door had to be keyed to that specific key. Since the company was out of business when the series was shot, they actually soldered a SCHLAGE key BOTTOM half of a key onto the Niessen top half. The key is a franken key that does not exist unless you make one. The top Niessen half can not be found, not with the 612A engraved on it. Too many decades have gone by since the company went out of business.

No, I am thinking I need to run down my website. You can get a one-off print of the key from Shapeways, but it'll be expensive.

You mean there's a file on Shapeways for printing the key? Or do I need to find the file elsewhere?

I seem to recall an older thread you posted regarding the key specifically, you'd mentioned maybe getting yours molded and cast?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back