The Lost Room soap bar

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
barofsoap.jpgThis is a photo of the actual prop.

Soap Wrapper.jpgThis is the printable image.

It works best if you use glossy light cardstock with a laser printer.

You just need a travel size soap and wrap the paper around it, folding the sides.

Final product :

SoapWrapperWeb.jpg

The soap bar is one of the "objects" with supernatural powers from the mini series "The Lost Room".

The powers of the soap bar are not known. But powers do not necessarily follow from the type of object. There's a vintage 1950's watch that if you put an egg inside the band, it boils the egg. Doesn't cook anything else, just eggs. There's also the watch box and that dampens entropy. (used during the show)
This is one I definitely wanted a sequel. But hasn't happened.

The comic would have been a small income, he needed a larger project to bring in more money to live on. So he is doing "other things" right now.

I was digging through my file cabinet and came across some print-outs of the soap label. Got inspired to go searching through my hall closet looking for travel soaps. Found a bunch of various sizes. Decided to get out the scissors and rubber cement and whip these up:

LostRoom.jpg

The Mini-series was supposed to be the pilot. And a weekly TV show was going to follow. That's why the Mini-series announced that there were 100 OBJECTS with powers, but only a handful or two were actually told what powers they had during the pilot. They were going to reveal an object and what power it had, every week or two during an episode. I believe I have a listing of all (or nearly all) 100 objects somewhere.

Yeah, it was SUCH a great story. It sucks they never continued the series. I've turned multiple people onto the show. They always come back and tell me they loved it.

Last edited:
The timing SUCKED. The Lost Room was a serious show with a mystery and puzzles.
It's offering to ScyFy channel happened at the same time as Warehouse 13 was offered to ScyFy. They picked warehouse 13 and did not do The Lost Room as a TV series. Warehouse 13 was also about "magical" objects, and they didn't want to pick up two shows about magical objects.
Warehouse 13 was tongue in cheek, and I loved the more GRITTY closer-to-life action of the Lost Room. People in the Lost Room actually died, and were even killed when they were innocent and had done nothing wrong. (more like real life) In Warehouse 13, people didn't really die, at most the bad guys were "bronzed" which was like Han in carbonite. Frozen but not dead. The Lost Room was more of an Adult show instead of a kids program where the writers refuse to kill people off.

Yes, I agree with everything you said. I DID enjoy Warehouse 13, but it was just silly and fun. Sci-Fi really blew it by not doing SOMETHING more with Lost Room. What a missed opportunity.

I would like to see at least a sequel TV-series with his on-screen daughter as the star of the show but now as an adult that has been pursuing objects her whole life. I came up with a scenario that was FAR FETCHED and then some, and somebody could probably come up with a better story than I could.

My scenario was that she had collected ALL the objects, but kept some safely apart from the others, and because she was now wealthy and had the support of the (now larger) Legion behind her, she hired SpaceX to build a rocket that would launch 90 of the 100 objects into SPACE and drift around forever without being used by people. But even 90 of the objects being in one place cause the rocket to disappear once it hits orbit. But the objects are left in orbit. Since the objects are indestructible, some would periodically enter the atmosphere and fall somewhere on earth to be found by people. And thus, a new quest for objects, and objects not being obtainable until they fall to earth. You could still have Suzie Kang tracking reports of fallen objects and other elements from the original show.

The Legion members could use the 10 objects they kept in reserve to help reobtain the fallen objects.

Good story idea. The premise of the Lost Room is so good, there's just TONS of ideas and stuff they could have explored in later stories.

Since the comic book never took off, I just wish they'd right a novel or two. They could self publish it. Print on demand type of thing. Little to no money spent on it. Just a little time to write it. But... time IS money when you could have been working on a project doing a job that pays. Maybe just a pet project. Just write a little at a time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back