The Little Mermaid - Ursula and Ariel's Pink Dress

Nynxy

Disney fanatic here! I have already done Evil Queen (me) and Snow White (daughter) so we are moving on to another favourite The Little Mermaid. I love playing the villain so have chosen to attempt Ursula while my daughter wants Ariel's pink dress. I plan to have these costumes done by Oz Comic Con Adelaide April 5-6 2014. That gives me one month.

Pink Dress.jpgUrsula.jpg

I will be using Simplicity 2817 as my pattern for Ariel. I already have this patten for when I made her Snow White and I will be extending the sleeves and adding the overskirt. I have already started cutting out the pieces.
2817.jpg

Ursula is going to be a bit tricky. It will either be done well or done really bad. As a large busted lady and with ursula not having any "sleeves" I have been making a merry widow corset to go under my costume with a LOT of help from my friend who is a corset goddess from A Rare Notion here in Adelaide. This will serve to help hold me up and for more dress support. I still have to add the boning and the trimming.

20140217_000901.jpg

I plan to make the costume as one piece. A dress which I will use a modified version of the corset pattern so it sits snug on the corset which will end just below my bottom with the 6 tentacles attached from there. I will wear black leggings underneath for dignity's sake. I have done a quick mock up of a tentacle which will need some tweaking and may make a bit longer. I will be adding wiring down the seams of the tentacles to help with shaping it and will try and keep the stuffing even to avoid unsightly lumping.

Tentacle test.jpg

While doing this we are also moving so I won't be able to do any more for 2 weeks. Fingers crossed I can get it done in time!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back