Done / Completed The Lego Movie - Batman's cowl

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jdmjunkie714

This is a neat idea...if you need more reference pics try checking out the lego batman movie. Its been out on dvd and blue ray for a little while now. Hope that helps.

Nightwing Returns

Thanks Teragon and CmdCtrlEsc!

Here is another pic that CmdCtrlEsc sent me but was having a hard time posting to this thread:
View attachment 288125

Do we think the cowl has been changed a bit for the movie? Should the movie version be our goal or does that even matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes mouth, eyes and bottom should be closed off.
To lend a hand, Lego has actually made 2 different Batman cowls for their figures. I'll try to find pics to share, OR take pics of the figures I own. But they definitely look different, and I can say that the cowl in the movie is based off of one without any alteration. The only thing they changed in the film was that instead of all white eyes, they gave Batman black around them to make them smaller. Tho when he first appears his eyes were like the figures.

- - - Updated - - -

lego.jpg

Nightwing Returns

Oh, and they have altered how the cowl sits on the head, too. If you notice on the second cowl how low it sits? They fixed that on later versions. The cog hole on the inside sits down further so it sits a little higher in the head instead of hugging the shoulders.

Nightwing Returns

The one on the right is the one from The Lego Movie. The one on the left is the one they used in Lego Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes United.

Greeky04

Nice. The ears look better on the lego movie version.
The movie hasnt come out in Australia yet. We have to wait till april 3. It was made in Australia and new zealand and we are the last countries to get it.

Bonded Hawk

How oversized would these be? I have been wanting an armored cowl for a while and was thinking I might be able to tweak it a little to suit my purpose. Or am I putting the horse before the cart?

coofunkcurly

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sorry guys been juggling several things and just got back from a family vacation. This is still in the works and the model is almost to the point of being approved to move forward. Will post any and all updates here.

Gatekeeper

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sorry guys been juggling several things and just got back from a family vacation. This is still in the works and the model is almost to the point of being approved to move forward. Will post any and all updates here.
Cool, thanks. Still interested in a kid sized one. No big rush :)

BigRiverBricks

When and where do I send payment for a kid size? How are you gonna do the mouth or exposed face? Perhaps include the mouth and white-out eyes in the cowl. Maybe even screen the mouth or gnarl to allow kids to look out of. Regardless, I'm in.

coofunkcurly

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anything more been done to this cowl?
It's kind of been pushed to the side while I finish up some other projects. Will bring it back to the front of the workbench soon though.

When and where do I send payment for a kid size? How are you gonna do the mouth or exposed face? Perhaps include the mouth and white-out eyes in the cowl. Maybe even screen the mouth or gnarl to allow kids to look out of. Regardless, I'm in.
Not ready for payments yet. This will be a kit consisting of front and back and the eyes and mouth will be closed off. Can be left in or trimmed out by the end user.