The Legend Of Zelda : Wind Waker - Zeldas Tiara

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Birkl, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Birkl

Birkl New Member

Hi guys,

So I started working on Zelda's tiara from Wind Waker like a week ago. It's for my girlfriend because one day she wanted to cosplay as Zelda. Here's what I've made so far and some pics.

CMMpdopW8AAU7iA.jpg CMX_EiVWoAASe90.jpg At first I made some templates from paper.
    CMNCReEXAAAd_BL.jpg CMOBCEoXAAApELH.jpg CMTkeq6XAAALhVk.jpg CMYBF-DWUAERCA4.jpg CMYQ5IVWcAAFNLe.jpg Then I traced those templates onto some styrofoam and cut everything out and sanded it down.
    CMctbjFWcAALl0D.jpg After that I covered all the little pieces in Worbla. Burnt my fingers and the results weren't quite satisfying. But then I managed to fix that.
    CMdPgXAW8AAizAz.jpg Next step: Covering everything with a layer of polyester resin for a smother surface.
    CMr3qPRWgAAU6Om.jpg And now I'm at the point where I have to paint and assemble everything.

I anyone needs them I can provide the templates.

Dao2 and EmmaInCandyland like this.
  2. Birkl

Birkl New Member

CM8GpgQWwAA7cBt.jpg Today I finished the two parts of the front center piece. Just need to apply something to the crystal so it stays shiny.

3. Birkl

Birkl New Member

CNGYXEQWUAA9KwV.jpg Glued together the main part of the tiara. Quite happy with the result.

ThePropBox likes this.
  4. ThePropBox

ThePropBox Active Member

Looking great so far! :) Can't wait to see it finished.

5. Birkl

Birkl New Member

Zelda's Tiara.jpg The tiara is finished. I'm not entirely sure how I'll manage to keep it on my girlfriend's head but that's something I'll have to try on etc etc.
    I'll upload some photos with her when I see her again and if she agrees.

6. Birkl

Birkl New Member

CP1tg5ZWUAA9X1U.jpg CP1uPanWgAAXGY_.jpg
    There she is. My beautiful princess. But she doesn't want to be recognized.