the laugh at the end of P1

vgfett

This is some of what I hear in that laugh that the P1 Predator spouts off at the end of the movie. Does anyone know what samples were used to make that laugh?

1. Billy
2. Vincent Price (from his Thriller finale)
3. the Headless Horseman from the Disney version of Legend of Sleepy Hollow

This is some of what I hear in that laugh that the P1 Predator spouts off at the end of the movie. Does anyone know what samples were used to make that laugh?
1. Billy
2. Vincent Price (from his Thriller finale)
Now that you mention it that is exactly what I hear as well when I hear it. Starts out as Billy then goes to Vincent Price from Thriller I mean it was 1987 and that music video was huge then.

I think it was Billy. Probably a recording of him laughing at that joke, earlier in the film, then the predator learned it and repeated it! :) And yes, it was really psychotic at the end, so I suppose the pred got carried away and distorted the laugh more?

When you hear lines spoken by the humans played back, it's the Predator REPEATING them himself. He's a hunter. It's what hunters do. Think of what guys out hunting duck will do. Get it?

That's why the lines sound EVER SO different each time. Think back to when the pred is searching the deserted guerilla base. He's practicing the voices himself while there's no one else around. Near the end, when he mocks Arnie, "What the hell are YOU?" The reason it's so garbled is because he CLEARLY hasn't had time to practice it, but when you see him PHYSICALLY MOVING when you hear that familiar Billy laugh at the end, you guys honestly think he'd mime it while he played back the "soundbyte?"

Seriously?

For me, the reason that laugh is so chilling and psychotic is because it's Anytime's personality coming out. He's about to die, and he honestly thinks it's REALLY funny that Dutch is more than likely about to die, too.

Justin, awesome write up, loved the point you made at the end too. Just made me appreciate P1 more than I thought I ever could, P1 forever!

I'm gonna' go and watch P1 and P2 again this weekend. :)

lol, Hey, I really appreciate that Bensin, I've watched Predator maybe, 5 times in the last couple weeks, ever since I went to see Predators (and I know you don't approve, but I enjoyed it). It's really a classic film, and unfortunately I don't think anything that comes out will come close.

Back on topic, though, I'm pretty sure the laugh at the end is JUST Sonny Landham (Billy), and not any other samples or actors or anything like that. Director probably said, "ok, do your big laugh, but at the end, lose it a little bit, go crazy." Because you hear Billy's laugh at least a few times throughout the film: "Strap this on your SORE-ASS Blain," "Get it? It was... cuz of the echo..." and lastly, "Do you think you could've found somethin' bigger?" They all sound distinctly the same, and the laugh at the end sames quite similar, as far as I can tell.

Another way to tell it's the Predator mimicking the human's voices, if you listen to the laugh at the very end, during the countdown, when he STARTS laughing, it sounds just a little off. By the time he takes that breath and lets loose again, it sounds EXACTLY like Billy. And by the end, he's gone crazy and I think maybe Anytime realizes what laughter really means and is really enjoying his last moments knowing Dutch is going down with him.

Straight cold playa.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back