The Lady Arbitrator's new AVP suit for 2009 DONE!

Ei luj

I must offer my heartfelt thanks to all on the Lair for their wip threads, huntorials, encouragement, support, and everything... without which this journey could not have been begun or seen through to completion to y'all.

So after much toil, blood (stabbed myself a number of times), sweat -'nuff said :0, and tears- over a certain alteration- here it is, I finished yesterday and suited up....

there's some tweaks to be done (backpack strap, gaunt "safeties", secure dreads, add more mask foam) but the first two of those are done :mad:

Just a couple pics, camera battery was giving me trouble:

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

----
Ei'luj

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

wowowowow LLOOKKKS GREATTT JULIE !!!!!! FANTASIC !!! u really kicked butt, :mad:

by the way what happen with the other suit ? the machicho or what ever its called, ???
just askin

AND GREAT JOB ON THE CHEST PIECE !!!

wowowowow LLOOKKKS GREATTT JULIE !!!!!! FANTASIC !!! u really kicked butt,

by the way what happen with the other suit ? the machicho or what ever its called, ???
just askin

AND GREAT JOB ON THE CHEST PIECE !!!

Many thanks :mad:

that other suit is going to be for dragoncon, I call it my "advance scout" suit... for quick and light missions...

this one is for taking down Bad Bloods

---
Ei'luj

"this one is for taking down Bad Bloods "
Uh-oh ..gonna have to watch out.
Great job Julie..feels good, dont it?

Out-freakin-standing work! I look at the way a suit is put together as much as how it looks. You built this suit to last, good and solid, and it looks great to boot. Very nice work....cheers!

Wow, very nice. Love the work you did julie...btw...if you want to part with that dagger cause its too..heavy...just give me ashout lol. Just buggin. Looks very nice, nice work!

Now that you mention the dagger, I don't think I've ever seen an AVP dagger with sheath before on a costume. I didn't even know people were producing them. It looks sweet. How does it attach to the latex shin?

CoolleKotten, Akisha, roninpred, garo, predator666, vaderDave, PredatrHuntr

many thanks :mad:

"this one is for taking down Bad Bloods "
Uh-oh ..gonna have to watch out.
Great job Julie..feels good, dont it?

Ohhhh thats right..... the BadBlood suit

It feels good to have mine done (whew)

Out-freakin-standing work! I look at the way a suit is put together as much as how it looks. You built this suit to last, good and solid, and it looks great to boot. Very nice work....cheers!

Again my thanks to your excellent WIP threads; they made it go so much easier a big, big tip o' the bio to ya

Wow, very nice. Love the work you did julie...btw...if you want to part with that dagger cause its too..heavy...just give me ashout lol. Just buggin. Looks very nice, nice work!

Thanks Chucky, can't wait to prowl the con!

...........nope, not parting with that dagger, not even if you sicced a whole hive of Xenomorphs after me !

Now that you mention the dagger, I don't think I've ever seen an AVP dagger with sheath before on a costume. I didn't even know people were producing them. It looks sweet. How does it attach to the latex shin?

Mr Fett,

I don't know the manufacturer, somebody on ebay had it (for background, see IxSLAY4xI AVP ceremonial dagger thread in Buy & Sell).

Its removable, I made a leather loop that goes lengthwise down the scabbard and around the shinguard with velcro closure inside. The bottom velcro around the anklet and shinguard keeps it from moving, and there's an upper leather loop on the main loop that goes around my leg; keeps it from pulling too much, thats the only strap you can see, and its only visible from the back
The scabbard has holes drilled in it at top and bottom, and leather lacing helps hold it on the lengthwise loop, the weight is too much for epoxy...
---
Ei'luj

Ubermega kudos dear, phenominal work!
You look absolutly "Maaarvelous!" I'm sure you're stoked
for SDCC, but I'm glad you're planning to join us at DC, too!
Can't wait to march down Peachtree St. in full regalia w/ you!

Ubermega kudos dear, phenominal work!
You look absolutly "Maaarvelous!" I'm sure you're stoked
for SDCC, but I'm glad you're planning to join us at DC, too!
Can't wait to march down Peachtree St. in full regalia w/ you!

Many, many thanks, Paintninja :mad:

I can't keep my thoughts on my task at hand, I keep daydreaming..... amped up for sure

All the stuff (backpack, gaunt ties, dread glue) is done, just need foam in mask to keep it from shifting.... and PACK all this stuff :0

Thats awesome, all your hard work has payed off finally eh? hehe
Suit looks great, have fun in it at SDCC!

Thanks TiaJa, down to the wire- like Pdisc said on the SDCC thread, I'm a pred-head (OK now I got that song in my head... part of the lyrics are "bang your head, wake the dead...." can't remember what metal band did that... )

---
Ei'luj

[quote name='ei'luj' post='151543' date='Jul 21 2009, 11:32 AM'](OK now I got that song in my head... part of the lyrics are "bang your head, wake the dead...." can't remember what metal band did that... )

---
Ei'luj[/quote]

Quote from Metal Health by Quiet Riot. :mad:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back