[The Hunger Games] Capitol Ring

Cooldude

iXxE25kkhH2SP.jpg

What do you think of it guys?

Source:

the-hunger-games-capitol.jpg

Just did this while I was at work. Made in Artcam Jewelsmith 2009.

My brother, a member here told me to make this thread.

Last edited:
Love it! I think if the emblem is going to be set on top of the flat surface (embossed? :confused sorry, I don't know the right terminology that might apply here) then it would definitely look better rounded.

Have you thought about taking the entire source picture, with the outer rings and branches in the design, and making a signet or seal ring out of it? I think that would be awesome.

Love it! I think if the emblem is going to be set on top of the flat surface (embossed? :confused sorry, I don't know the right terminology that might apply here) then it would definitely look better rounded.

Have you thought about taking the entire source picture, with the outer rings and branches in the design, and making a signet or seal ring out of it? I think that would be awesome.

The ring would be created with a CAD machine so it will come out exactly as in the picture. :)

As to using the full source picture, sure, it could be done but bear in mind that the wing wouldn't want to be oversized.

Edit: Another thing that needs to be thought about is the weight of the ring. Currently, in 9ct gold, it weighs in at around 9 grams. Heavy, huh? Casting it in silver would only reduce its weight by about a gram.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back