The Hungarian Female Predator - Nico In Progress

PredatorQueen

First of all sorry for my English because I'm hungarian :)

The first what must to know about my predator costume that this is an OC character what I made. She is a human not a predator but I drew her in a yautja form and I decided that I must to do it.
I never made something like that so this is my first costume :D In Hungary there are no one who created predator costume and It's sad because I want to meet with predators at Holdfénycon's (=this is the name of the hungarian comic con).

This is the place where I work.
nyaklanc1kep.jpg

makethepreda03.png

This is the sketch version of the real size head. I made it because when I work on the real size version I can see the details on the mini version.

IMG20111117_004.jpg
It's will be a circle plastic (don't know that this is the right words for it). Tomorrow I finished the front of the face and next time I will finish the back of the head. Forasmuch this is a circle plastic I can't do the back of the head this is why it's now looks like a little bit weird. For example the face wouldn't be such longish and the forehead will be more like a predator forehead, not round like now.

And now the accessories!:D

makethepreda04.png
This skull will be on the dart / spear. I didn't want to do it like a human skull that's why it's looks like that but I will fix it's teeth and I will add some blood on it.

makethepreda02.png
This is the spear nib (hopes this is the good word). On the paper I drew the sketch about the dart. The little thing on the dart is a feather but I couldn't drew it realistic... sorry xD

IMG20111108_007.jpg
This is the necklace's adornments. The fangs are made of clay. Annndd...

makethepreda01.png
... it's finished today! :D

Hopes you understood my bad English. I'm really excited about how will be this looks like if I finish it :D Updates and pictures will come! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to apologize for your language. We are many from different regions of our Earth

As for the progress...keep it going. Progress is loved here on 'the Lair'. I, for one, enjoy updates and wish you luck on this build.

I continued to do my predator, but the previous predator head statue broken because the claim what I used for it, was bad. So I made an other statue. I coulden't finish it yet but I think I will on next friday.
makethepreda05.png
It's a funny thing that the previous was 2 days to make it (just the front part) and the statue what I made at today was just 4 hours of making.
IMG20111118_003.jpg
This is a bigger picture of it. You can see on it what details I must to do for example: creases, symmetry, the neck and the brink of the head because it's looks like a mask now.

Thanks for the comments! :)

I started to do the chest armor. It was soooo horrible. I can't breath when the paper mashe was on me.

makethepreda06.png
So I get a T-shirt what I didn't use and I whip round my chest with duct tape (because I don't have mannequin doll) then I put on it 4 layers of paper. I just grease the paper pieces with wallpaper glue and put them on my chest. I parch the mashe with hairdryer and waited for 5 minutes then I cut the mashe in half on the back. I put this on the radiator and next day it was dry. Where I cut it I glue together so It was in the original form.The problem was that the form of the mashe was a little bit different than my chest but I think I can fix it later.
The next step will be the paper mashe dollop. I used this tutorial to do it ->Click here<
predaruha.jpg
And I drew a sketch about the "clothes" but I edited out so many parts of the armor and other things. I want to make a robe like what the elder predator's wear.

Oh and thank you again for the comments! :)

Oh my oh my, I'm so close to finish the head.
makethepreda07.png

makethepreda08.png

Now I start to garner in yautja voices cuz' I will make on the costume something what can play sound and people can hear it.

And I'm soooo happy to read your comments. They are so touchingly/melting (never used those words before) for me :)

I garnered in some yautja voices and put them in a .rar file so people can download it and use it! :)
http://www.4shared.c...redavoices.html

The files called "saja XY" is my files the others are from other people, hopes this is not a problem that I garner in those sounds. Some of the sounds are from Jurassic Park dino's voices :DD and I downloaded a few " How to make predator noise" tutorial video and cut the important parts of them :) What do you think? What's sounds doesn't good?

Tags (because with it, it's much easier to find this rar file): yautja predator voice noise sound

Your sculpt is coming along great! smooth it out the bumps a bit, a little more texturing and you'll have a pretty sweet female predator head ready for molding. :)

I'm not ill now so I can continue my predator :D
Today I made the lights for the "arm bomb". I used bike lights, but in my opinion christmas tree light's good for this too.
vilagitas.jpg

Then I made a picture about what materials I will use for example: for painting my predator skin etc.
amikethasznalokszamozva.jpg

1 ~ Insulating foam
2 ~ Insulation foam tubing
3 ~ Dark brown, light brown, white and grey paint
4 ~ Fun foam
5 ~ I don't know the English name of this... sorry :/
6 ~ Minute glue
7 ~ Glue

Tomorrow my predator head will be finished so just the "latexing" will wait for me.

My predator head now looks like this. This is the parget form of it.
gipsz1.jpg

On the picture there is my teacher's hands :p He helped me to take off the parget layer. We poured water on the statue. There was a hole on the water bottle because we had to pour it slowly. With the water tha parget layer break in two.
gipsz2.jpg

Unluckily there was some cracks and holes on the statue because the parget layer was too thin but I fixed it. I will write down how you can fix it if you have same problem with your statue.

Grats for the head here also :) Would you go to the spring cons in BP?
Grat a fejhez itt is :) Mész vele majd a tavaszi conokra BPn?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back