The Hogg Predator (Wip Pics)

Uglimofo

Ok, Here we are with my ongoing project of the perfect Predator! I appreciate everyone who makes the lair! Thanks to many great huntorials and great communication of good sellers it has been an enjoyable time. On behalf of you guys, Thank you! I never thought i could own such great costume pieces. So far, I am creating a Boar like Predator with a southern name twist... "The Hogg". Thanks to Gene I now have a Boar bio. Hell, I figured the weather in deep South Mississippi in the Summer is alot like the Predator planet, Hot,thick, humid air...My apologies also to Gene as that, although a beautiful sculpt the Boar bio is, I always felt it was missing a target helmet laser. I will do your bio justice! I am using Fast Burst lasers with a finger touchpad. Also using a combo of Apoxie sculpt and mechanical parts. Thanks to Casey, I now have a Superfine DBP1 version 2 mask and to Mr. Fett for the P2 Mandibles for variation. It's gonna be a toothy guy! A head somewhat like the Snake pred. I am also using Bambooie Dreads, Master Anubis AVP blades, Monsteroom Thigh armor and gauntlets, and Tokyo Rose quills. I am actually doing a helmeted version and Unmasked version heads due to extra dreads and half mask. Hey, to my knowledge, Kevin Peter Hall never wore both a bio and full undermask. He had a halfmask with the helmet i believe. That is ALOT to see through! I really want the costume to FUNCTION, hence the holes in the side of the mask i cut that line up with my ears. Hearing is good! I also have a built in microphone speaker in the back pack to talk through. And finally, I am still waiting for Prop_Fiction to send me the sound system I paid him for. It will have finger touchpads with all the Predator sound effects! The body suit was made from scratch. I sewed a wetsuit pattern out of spandex, carved muscles from foam, and layered it all up with 5 layers of Latex and acrylic paint with strings and foam balls mixed with monstermakers to make it stick. It is very breathable and stretches with your body like a second skin. Bodysuit Still in 1st layer paints.
Again, thanks for all you guys do with the Predator. I love the creative energy !!!

I hope you enjoy the pics! More to come soon...

hogg1.JPG

hogg2.JPG

hoggarmor.JPG

hoggaunt.JPG

hoggDBP1.JPG

hoggdred.JPG

hoggear.JPG

hoggface.JPG

hoggshoulder.JPG

hoggsuit.JPG

hoggsuit1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hell yes! This is already off to an excellent start! Did you fill in the Bio's cheek area with apoxie?! What a GREAT idea! You've changed the Bio's look - nice job! Looks like you also heated up the fins in the back and bent them down a bit? Cool work man...

Man that is one sweet build, loving the sounds of the bio adjustments sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing where this ends up.... keep up the good work bud

ahhhh what the lair is all about right there,,,, a suit build, makes me all kinds of warm fuzzy

looks like all the right pieces are there and you jamming on them, kick ass

AM

I like the way your going and that it is named, keep an eye on mine and i will keep an eye on yours.Iit looks like we are moving at the same speed, i hope we can get them together when they are finished .

Thanks so much for all the kind words guys! The tips, suggestions, and encouragement goes a long way! Every day I look forward to going back to my shop and doing a little more. ThePriest - thanks, I will keep an eye on your build as well. Coming along very well so far! I have always liked the idea of Predators being named after animals- perhaps not only a reflection of their bio sculpt but also their attitude or physical traits. Stay Tuned for more updates and pics in the near future !!!

Ok, guys! Well, I haven't done much but here are a few more updates. I dremmeled the mask down in a few choice places for the tri-laser to fit in. I am also putting red El-wire for the Hogg Eyes. You can see the ledges dremmeled to fit them. The laser housing was built using a combination of 2 part Apoxie sculpt, flashlight pieces, and Nerf darts. (Soft,bendable Nerf darts to align the lasers into a perfect triangle pattern) MUCH, MUCH more painting is to be done. Just trying out different colors but really like the aged copper look of Predator 2 AND of course FastBurst lasers with finger pads which are awesome! Any suggestions are welcome. Hope you enjoy a few progress pics!

100_0436.JPG

100_0437.JPG

100_0444.JPG

100_0447.JPG

100_0457.JPG

100_0458.JPG

100_0459.JPG

100_0460.JPG

100_0464.JPG

Here is my latest update on The Hogg. I have made extra quills using toothpicks coated in clay for release and then are double coated in an acrylic latex black. I have chosen a P1/ Boar type paint up on the skin. I also now not only have P1 style shoulder but also a P2 style shoulder. I will be using the larger shoulder bells for this guy. I am going for the ever difficult P2 paint job on the armor. I have already used five colors on the helmet and need about five more for that unusual color changing armor of the P2. Still got to put lenses in the helmet but is looking pretty pissed off like most hogs are down here in the dirty south...Hope you enjoy.

100_0513.JPG

100_0514.JPG

100_0515.JPG

100_0517.JPG

100_0518.JPG

100_0519.JPG

100_0520.JPG

100_0521.JPG

Alright! Here we are with the latest updates on the Hogg Predator! I followed huntorials and collected pictures of many paint ups. BUT, i still like the P1 best. It is at least insired from the P1 but in a Boar kinda way. The colors I used were White, Yellow, Orangey Brown, Brown, and Black for spots and blending. This took about 5 hours done by hand. (I have really gotta get an airbrush sometime) Still gotta paint the vieny inside mouth, nasty teeth, quill it, dread it, but I love it! I needed to do this as soon as I finished the body so the head would match up colors that I mixed. Hope you enjoy!

100_0532.JPG

100_0533.JPG

100_0534.JPG

100_0535.JPG

100_0536.JPG

100_0537.JPG

100_0538.JPG

100_0539.JPG

100_0540.JPG

100_0541.JPG

100_0542.JPG

100_0543.JPG

100_0544.JPG

100_0545.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back