[The Hobbit] Deathless, the sword of Thorin Oakenshield

Gericke

Hi Guys,

it´s been a while since posting something here but finally I found time to work on a prop and finish something, that is worth showing here.
I built the dwarven sword Thorin uses before he gets Orcrist. It is built completely from plywood, that got glued together to form the grip and then carved mostly by hand. On the really fine details i used a dremel. finished the whole thing with acrylic paint. So I guess enough talking, time for some pictures!

DSCN1606.JPG

Details on the grip
DSCN1819.JPG

And a side view of the grip
DSCN1820.JPG

It is not a perfect replica, the knotwork in the middle of the handle is not exactly matching and the details on the ends of the horns is not perfect, but for hanging it on the wall I like it very much.

If somebody wants to check out more details on the build, i uploaded a video of it on youtube:

If you want to know more details about the sword let me know. If you have any questions I am happy to answer them.
Thanks for taking a look, have a great day!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back