The History of the Time War (thoughts?)

Jabberwocky

After watching the "Journey to the center of the Tardis" episode last week, I'm adding this to my ever growing list of props to make!

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

It looks as though the leather binding is pretty weathered and worn, and the coverings seem to appear metallic

View attachment 179047

Just make sure you get the correct version, there are a lot out there with slightly different cover work, and a mistake will not be cheap.

You are correct youngpaddy1. I should have mine in hand within in few weeks and I plan on posting scans and measurements. Would really like to make an embossing mold so others could recreate the book. I think the History of the Time War cover would look good as a writing journal or even a leather tablet/laptop cover/case.

Yes it is a National Comprehensive Family Bible (KJV) edited by Rev John Eadie. View attachment 180903 with a custom center plate of course.
Aw, and here I was admiring the awesome book binding skills of the BBC props department.

I am now seriously working on that thing, although I am only in the planning and material acquiring stage as of now. I was hoping to find some thread on that book on here and sure enough I was not disappointed.
Still the original is really expensive so no way I'm screwing with one of them. I think I'd still come out ahead if I made all the parts myself.

You are correct youngpaddy1. I should have mine in hand within in few weeks and I plan on posting scans and measurements. Would really like to make an embossing mold so others could recreate the book. I think the History of the Time War cover would look good as a writing journal or even a leather tablet/laptop cover/case.
So how did you do it, commission a bookbinder?

Managed to get a good deal on one of the Bibles. I will restore mine and use it as a guide to make an embossing plate that can be used to create the cover and back. I am working on my title plate and reviewing the cost and work with water jet cut plates vs 3D printed.

Managed to get a good deal on one of the Bibles. I will restore mine and use it as a guide to make an embossing plate that can be used to create the cover and back. I am working on my title plate and reviewing the cost and work with water jet cut plates vs 3D printed.

That is fantastic!! Great find on the bible, i will definitely be searching the interwebs for one of those babies!!

I'll also be looking out for your build pics. Great stuff!!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back