The Hall of Justice

fritzthefox

This is a somewhat unconventional use of Hasegawa's all-transparent Sabrejet model kit, along with Polar Light's Batmobile kit. I scratch built the ladder, wheel chocks and most of Wonder Woman's accessories, since the only WW figure I could find was a 3-inch vinyl figure of her wearing New 52 garb. The challenge in this diorama was working with so many difficult materials: clear polystyrene is brittle and difficult to glue cleanly. Using canopy glue was like watching grass grow, so I finally chased down some low-vapor CA glue. The vinyl figures could not be sanded, so to customize WW I needed to carve away some bits and use acrylic fillers to smooth out other bits. (Vinyl doesn't like lacquer, either, so everything needed to be water-based) Her belt and bracers were fashioned from pin-striping tape, and to put the stars on her fanny, I had to chase down some old dry rub transfers of small stars. Her golden lasso is real 14 kt. gold jeweler's wire. This was as much of a scavenger hunt than a build. The Batmobile was easier, with Molotow's popular Liquid Chrome marker proving to be exceptionally useful for detailing. The art used for the backdrop is mine. Enjoy!

diorama.jpgbatmobile_closeup.jpgww_jet.jpg

Last edited:
That display is all sorts of awesome.

I thought you were going to build the Hall of Justice. However, I love what you did with the narrator's voice in a bubble at the top. Really cool idea and well executed.

Cheers.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back