The Guyver Unit! The long-awaited project!

Funboy333

Hello dear friends.:)
I've been meaning to start this thread on the forum, but did not dare to make it earlier because of the complexity of this project, and because of my poor language skills.
Now I have the confidence and strength to start this project and to finish it. Google translater helps me too.:D It'll be hard and long project:cool

1568zz7.jpg

For very long time I searched for information about the original prop or replicas of the guyver, but could not find anything except the sale of a resin versions of Guyver by The RaptorArts, the production of which was halted due to the destruction of the mold.

I hope that in this forum i can find people that love this beautiful piece like me.

I don't want to make it a resin, gypsum or a cardboard. I really want to make it maximum believable and, in a sense, "alive."
15fmc03.jpg

Within a few weeks Me and my friend developed a three dimensional model of Guyver. A million times we have changed the size and proportion, but fortunately there came the day when we realized that we pleased with the end result.

34qlk4w.jpg
11r55dl.jpg

The first version I decided to make from solid materials.
Steel, leather and tin. According to preliminary calculations, the unit will weigh 5 kg. Of course In the future I plan to use more lightweight materials, but as I said, the first version I want to make as realistic as possible. It'll be hard, moving, glowed and make sounds. The development of e-filling I will leave to the moment when the guyver main body will be completely ready.

I hope for your support. Share your thoughts)))

Funboy333.

Last edited:
Good to see a different project for a change ! :thumbsup
I wish you the best of luck and above all: lots of fun making this,Funboy

Update:
The main body and central spheres are done.
Main body made from steel, Spheres - stainless steel.
I hope you'll enjoy this!

Next step is a leather cord.:)

Thanks for watching)))
The Guyver Unit Main Body 4.jpgThe Guyver Unit Main Body 3.jpgThe Guyver Unit Main Body 2.jpgThe Guyver Unit Main Body 1.jpg

UPDATE:
Today I Bought the leather cord made from high quality Indian leather.
Now I need to glue it on the metal "doughnut".
???? 24.12.15, 23 24 22.jpgqWZlVeHbNFQ.jpgcord10050-32-800x800.jpg

???? 24.12.15, 23 24 22.jpg

cord10050-32-800x800.jpg

qWZlVeHbNFQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are still looking for info, I'd find Steve Wang on Instagram or Facebook, he did all the suits and monsters. I'd bet he made this as well.

thank you friends for your help. actually a couple of weeks ago I thought to search through the social network, and that is where I found the artist who created the guyver. It's really Evil Ted. He's on Facebook I found photos from the shooting of the movie in good quality.
???? 24.12.15, 23 24 45.jpg???? 24.12.15, 23 24 22.jpg???? 24.12.15, 23 23 53.jpg2.-Head-with-unit.jpg

by the way he's played several monsters in costumes, and of course bully from the gang of yellow bandanas.
???? 24.12.15, 23 28 34.jpg???? 24.12.15, 23 22 08.jpg???? 24.12.15, 23 21 06.jpg

2.-Head-with-unit.jpg

???? 24.12.15, 23 21 06.jpg

???? 24.12.15, 23 23 53.jpg

???? 24.12.15, 23 24 22.jpg

???? 24.12.15, 23 24 45.jpg

???? 24.12.15, 23 22 08.jpg

???? 24.12.15, 23 28 34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Mutronics.
Just noticed that I forgot to post the previous update.
This update shows the balls and magnetic fasteners for three large panels.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back