The Gunslinger Trooper

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
Ive been building some of these cool Bandai models and while building a plain Stormtrooper and idea occurred to me. Why I just give this one a more personal touch? How about building my own character based on the Star Wars Universe? With that idea I came up with this guy. Here is the back story....

After the final battle of Endor the Empire and its leaders, Vader and Palpatine, were defeated by the Rebels the few remains of the Empire scattered across the Galaxy. Some systems still continued under the Empire even in this weakened form. As we know slowly the Empire evolved into the First Order. Since this took almost 3 decades a lot of the technology that once formed the powerful Empire trickled down to the vast territories and into the hands of a lot of different sentient life forms, some of which used it for its own gain. In view of this the Empire started to collect as much of this technology including of course the various types of personal armor that ended up in the different planets and galaxies where battles occurred. Due to their diminished resources not all of these items could be collected. Its in this setting where this guy obtained the stormtrooper armor he wears. He payed a high price for it and a few lives were wasted along the way. He has become a mercenary and will work for you if the price is right. From assassinations, to trafficking if you can pay him he will be at your side. Due to its efficacy and lethality he has gained a popular, yet mysterious status, as The Gunslinger Trooper. No one knows who he is, where he came from, only that he is human.

The armor has been refitted and maintained as well as he could possibly can under the circumstances. It shows the wear and tear of probably thousands of battles. His weapons of choice are 2 modified blasters in two left and right holsters. It is rumored that he has been recruited by the new wave of rebels for a hefty price. Some high officials of the New Order have shown preoccupation and there is an equally hefty price on his head....

I hope you don't find this boring as hell but I had a blast building this one and imagining all the adventures such a character could have. Here are the pics:

28315087136_7701fae746_z.jpg
IMG_0864 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

28066728150_49082dafe0_z.jpg
IMG_0866 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

28348915055_7cf1873042_z.jpg
IMG_0872 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

27732620884_d8c4a554b2_z.jpg
IMG_0876 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

28245350562_b8bb458f91_z.jpg
IMG_0881 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

27733140493_7e3cf9c978_z.jpg
IMG_0890 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

27732600404_0fa24edc08_z.jpg
IMG_0878 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

28245315962_491dfdd91c_z.jpg
IMG_0897 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

28066620660_013b42d2c5_z.jpg
IMG_0894-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

If you click on the image a better resolution version can be seen. Hope you like!

Why does that remind me of the old episode of Battlestar Galactica where Apollo and the Cylon crash land on the old west planet and they end up having the old school face off in the street? lol

Excellent job on this one, I love the weathering on the armor.

Awesome concept and cool execution. It looks like a Stormie that has gone Rogue or more, Ronin. It could be a bounty hunter in Stormie outfit, too. ;) The model alone tells a whole story which is the best part. Splendid! :)

I would much rather have seen a character like this instead of the chrome-plated Captain Phasma in The Force Awakens. Especially taking the smallish size of these figures into consideration, this is really well done!

I saw this picture pop up on my feed and thought bumping it up was worth the "spam warning" since this character study seems to fit in so well with the the remnant troopers showing up in The Mandalorian. Awesome concept and great execution. This needs to be done as a full 1:1 costume! If you haven't already, get to it Scarecrow Joe!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back