The Green Mile props

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
Once there aren't that many Green Mile props arround, decided to give it a try and make some.

Will start with a non screenused one - the mousetrap.

The mousetraps were created for the scene that had Doug Hutchison’s character “Percy Wetmore” setting out traps in an effort to defeat “Mr. Jingles”. (they ended up by not being used, because the scene was cut from the schedule before filming). Apparently only one of these survived.
The mousetrap was Production made and branded “King Mousetrap Co.” (a "tribute" to author Stephen King).

Had some trouble finding these old wooden mousetraps so the brass device is not 100% accurate to the original one but I'm happy with the final result. ...
Here's my mousetrap

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg

That came out nice. One prop you might consider is Percy's custom baton and holster.

The Marsh Wheeling cigar box

This is an "8 c" cigar box so not exactly as the one seen in the movie's last scene ("5 c")
Three boxes were used in production each with a certain "age" to it
There is a curious story about the "8 c" box as referred from a description by Premier Props:

"An interesting detail is that the inside of the lid (which is not seen in the sequence) shows the price of the cigars as 8 cents. It was discovered during production that the actual price at the time the film is suppose to take place was 5 cents. Therefore this prop was used only for showing the outside of the box. To keep continuity, the prop department put a special stamp on the lid that says: "New Price", so that the interior of the lid would not be photographed."

My box:

cigar box_1.jpg
cigar box_2.jpg
cigar box_3.jpg
cigar box_4.jpg

Guess I could always replace the inside of the lid with a "5 c" sticker (but don't think I'll do it)
It would look like this :

cigar box_5.jpg

Some more pics of the box with a "guest"

cigar box_6.jpg

cigar box_8.jpg

cigar box_9.jpg

Screenshot of the movie's last scene with "Mr Jingles" sleeping (lid opened showing the price 5 c)

SCREENSHOT-3.jpg

And not showing the inside:

19782546_3.jpg

SCREENSHOT-2.jpg

Weird Tales magazine

Eduard Delacroix is reading this magazine in his cell.
Although the film is set in 1935 he is reading a November 1937 issue.
I decided to use a November 1935 spine for the magazine

mag-1.jpg
mag-2.jpg
mag-3.jpg
mag-4.jpg

Screenshots

SCREEN SHOT.jpg

SCREEN SHOT_2jpg.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back