"The Exorcist" - 50th Anniversary - clapperboard reproduction

Could I ask you what’s the font the used in those 70s - 80s Clapperboards? (Like ”Raiders” or “Empire Strike”)
I would love to use them in my projects

You’re right: Slager is pretty close. Thanks a lot.
BTW, awesome job with the clapperboards. I love them. Keep updating this feed

Beautiful work! I've meaning to drop you a note and thank you for the inspiration -I made a Raiders of the Lost Ark replica for my son's Christmas gift.
IMG_5653.jpeg

Like this a lot. I've similar plans to make a Star Wars clapper, so i've been watching your threads with interest.

Couple of questions.

1. The slot in the top clapper. What is that used for, and did you cut it out or make the top from three pieces of wood?
2. What did you use for the back? I was going to use blackboard paint. Seemed to make sense if i was going to be writing on it in chalk
3. How did you do the white lettering and lines

Thanks Aku

Not sure I understand your first question. I used plywood for the board and for the two top parts I got a regular pine wood stick and cuted it in two. Had the central "line" on one of the sticks made so that the board can fit in it
Once I'm not going to write anything on the back, I went for a regular black matt spray paint
This clapperboard only has only six lines and two letters so I used vinyl (for the other slates as you know I used a thin printed paper glued on the board)
How are you going to make your Star Wars clapper? Heavily weathered like mine?

SW-2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back