The Green Hornet 1966 Gas Gun

batfan10

Sr Member
Had this kit laying around and decided to build it. However, I can't find any decent photos of the real prop *minus the silver one*

I'm looking to emulate this gun
Screenshot 2022-06-17 125926.jpg

I am also adding to the kit with some 3d printed/extra parts
il-300x300-1669061469-lgyy.webp
Screenshot-2022-06-16-110319.jpg

Attachments

• 3635.jpg
    3635.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 3636.jpg
    3636.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 86
Cant find any decent lookig screw to put on so I might just skip those. Sanded off the original details and added 3d printed ones
3687.jpg

Attachments

• gh.jpg
    gh.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 68
  • gh2.jpg
    gh2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
When they filmed the pilot, the gas gun really fired green gas. Unfortunately in the dark, and the day-for-night filming the gas was invisible. The solution was to fire green tinted talcum powder from gas gun.

David.

The firing gas gun had a line running into the hand grip. As near as I can tell from watching the TV show a few years back, there were three gas guns. The firing gun, a stunt gun, and a hero version with a removable magazine that went in the grip. The hero version was for the scenes where the Green Hornet checks his gun.

The Hornet's sonic weapon, the Hornet Sting was originally spring-loaded. The problem was that the spring was too strong, and would send the front flying off. The solution was to remove the spring and have Van Williams open the sting with a flick of his wrist.

David.

The Hornet's sonic weapon, the Hornet Sting was originally spring-loaded. The problem was that the spring was too strong, and would send the front flying off. The solution was to remove the spring and have Van Williams open the sting with a flick of his wrist.
I believe the first version of the Sting was gas powered and like the spring-loaded version...a bit too scary on set! The last thing you want is a stunt guy impaled with the end of a prop!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back