The Grand Budapest Hotel Props

EmmaInCandyland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everybody :)

Due to the popularity of the paper prop section at the moment, I thought it would be a good idea to open a thread for all of the props that are not paper prop related.

So please post all of your props here :)

I am at the moment after the throat slitter. I believe the brush is a bristle toothbrush style with a knife attached to it. I, however cannot find the proper knife, I wouldn't mind some help with this :p

Thanks!

14_throat-slitter.jpg

to me it looks like the blade was taken out of some kind of straight razor then filed down the serrated edge.
it even has the hole where the string is going through...which would have been where it attached to the handle

straightrazor.jpg

Yep and they have ground off the straight edge off the top to give it a more knife blade like shape. Oh the horror seeing straight razors reduced to this. :cry

Aww thanks for the concern! That's really nice =)

Do you think I could serrate the edges with a file? I don't have much tool in my flat xD

Aww thanks for the concern! That's really nice =)

Do you think I could serrate the edges with a file? I don't have much tool in my flat xD

Yes, you can serrate the edges - I did it on scissors when I started my Edward Scissorhands glove project (make sure you got a metal / iron saw and not a wood one). again watch your fingers!

As to the M Gustave suite key we "talked" about on the paper prop thread,here's the key I found. What do you think?

KEY1.jpg KEY2.jpg

KEY1.jpg

KEY2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few details missing, but it looks good! I can't even find a key... I mean at least one that has all of these details haha..

For the blade you could melt some wax and dip the edge in it. This way it will reduce the chances of cutting yourself. The string is what they use here at Italian pastry shops to tie the boxes up.

For the blade you could melt some wax and dip the edge in it. This way it will reduce the chances of cutting yourself. The string is what they use here at Italian pastry shops to tie the boxes up.

Thanks for the tip! And yeah, I found the string on ebay, I bought a baker twine string, I think this is how it's called :)! I found a good toothbrush for this too:

110eydtqQoL.jpg

Once received I'll use the brush on something to give this used look and I'll sand the edges to make it more rounded, hopefully, I'll make this right x)

Thanks for the tip! And yeah, I found the string on ebay, I bought a baker twine string, I think this is how it's called :)! I found a good toothbrush for this too:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/110eydtqQoL.jpg

Once received I'll use the brush on something to give this used look and I'll sand the edges to make it more rounded, hopefully, I'll make this right x)

Sounds about right! That's a gnarly looking brush. I wouldnt put that in my mouth.

Okay I have finished the book! I might take better pictures tomorrow if the sun decides to finally pop out :p
Colour are better in real life. The Grand Budapest hotel book has been laminated.

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg
DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

I have also finished the small Mendl's box, now I will have to make the bigger one and also functional, but money is getting tight, and have it professionally printed might be pricey.

DSC_0567.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! I finally have finished the passport, I have used a parchment type of paper to give some authenticity, it makes a nice effect ^^ I have also made the CONFIDENTIAL letter, used real wax for the seal.

DSC_0581.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

DSC_0585.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

A picture of Mendl's box again ^^

DSC_0609.jpg

Group shot:

DSC_0618.jpg

It's never easy to display paper props xD

DSC_0626.jpg

I am still waiting for the perfume bottle, so I can swap the cap with the one I have just now!

For the key. Look for a corbin skeleton key.

For the purfume bottle i bought about three and returned them, its hard to find the correct proportion. Especially the large one. The one ounce might be the way to go . I think they wer custom made. I only seen a couple of vintage airators with the same tip on ebay. There are some purfume bottle parts sellers on line. I will get images of the sprayers i found.
I also made my own hat and my wife made the boxes. Will get some pics

We make costumes both Agatha and Zero for halloween last year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 167
Really cool, I am also about to make the Lobby boy hat, but I am not sure to know how to make the lettering ^^

Concerning the key, there's none in the UK that is similar, and I am not too keen on paying a key $20 to have it shipped here haha.

This is the bottle + atomizer I found. I believe this is the right one, knowing the picture has been taking from above, it could also be the right length:

perfule.jpg

I found a bottle that had the correct shape, but that has too many extra pieces... It's from Lalique:

Thumb_LALIQUE_2.jpg

For now, I'll be using this one that I just got, as a subsidiary until I find a better glass.

DSC_0595.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back